About the Job
Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers in 27 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing, technology,and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.Position Summary
Working under the direction of the U.S. Legal Recruiting Manager and the U.S. Director of Legal Recruiting, this position is responsible for providing centralized administrative support for the U.S. Legal Recruiting Team. Hours for this position are 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM.Essential Functions
Data and Applicant Maintainence
- Audit, enter, and maintain applicant data in LawCruit and lateral pipeline database to ensure all applicant records are up to date in all systems.
- Generate weekly reports for Senior Management Team, Practice Group Leaders, and Office Managing Partners.
- Monitor Jobs Mailbox daily and move applications into corresponding folders.
- Post open attorney positions to PeopleSoft, check PeopleSoft weekly for applications, and forward applications to Jobs Mailbox.
- Audit job postings monthly to ensure postings are still active and prepare quarterly open positions email for Director of Legal Recruiting.
- Generate letters/correspondence at various stages of the recruiting process.
- Assist with the annual NALP form completion process for all U.S. offices.
On Campus, Summer Associate and New Associate Adminsitrative Support
- Assemble firm materials for campus and lateral recruiting initiatives.
- Process expense reimbursement for on campus interview expenses, New Associate bar dues and bar admission, and miscellaneous expenses for Recruiting Managers.
- Prepare personal actions forms for New Associate stipend payments.
- Process new employee/payroll paperwork for all U.S. Summer and New Associates.
- Handle background checks for all U.S. Summer and New Associates.
- Handle travel arrangements and registration for 1L LCLD annual conference for students in Chicago and Pittsburgh.
- Determine process, along with U.S. Director of Legal Recruiting, on how how to improve social media presence to attract attorney talent.
- •Develop relationships with marketing team to create weekly postings on LinkedIn.
- •Become a LinkedIn super-user and assist team in using LinkedIn to source candidates.
General Administrative Support
- Order promotional items for U.S. team.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by department members.
- Provide back-up support to Legal Recruiting Administrator/Scheduler, including but, not limited to:
- Provide interview scheduling support across all U.S. offices – gather attorney availability, reserve conference rooms and video conference equipment, prepare and distribute in-house interview schedules via Outlook calendar appointments and LawCruit, track evaluations
- Maintain Search Firm Database – draft, send and upload fee agreements for new search firms.
Some experience working in a general office environment preferred.
Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing work time efficiently. Ability to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner and handle confidential information with discretion. HIgh-energy, driven, articulate, and friendly personality with a customer-service mindset. Must be comfortable working with others in remote office locations and across time zones. Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.Other
Equipment To Be Used: Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, calculator, fax, machine, copier, scanner, etc.
Typical Physical Demands: Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment.
Typical Mental Demands: Able to deal with stress associated with fast-paced work environment. Multiple priorities/tasks. Make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas. Communicate with various personalities at all levels.
Working Conditions: Works in typical office setting. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of your normal daily schedule.
Reed Smith offers a challenging work environment, business casual dress code and a total compensation package that includes a competitivesalary, flexible benefits program, tuition assistance, and generous 401 (k) plan.
Qualified candidates only, No search firms. Reed Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.