About the Job
Unique Opportunity for a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse with a Home Health Leader -
Become A Senior Advocate!
Commonwealth Home Health of Wilkes-Barre is an exciting joint venture with Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. Receive courses to advance your skills as a geriatric specialist. You will also enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
Summary: Provision of nursing services in accordance with applicable state licensure status, and in compliance with agency policies and procedures, applicable health care standards, and governmental laws and regulations. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes. These services are performed in accordance with the physicians’ orders and under the direction and supervision of an RN, Clinical Supervisor or Agency Administrator.
• Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse in the state.
• Possesses and maintains CPR certification.
• Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
• Active/current agency health requirements.
• Must complete required department competencies to validate and maintain competency.
Education: Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year clinical nursing experience in hospital setting – medical/surgical; with community/home health or skilled nursing facility experience is preferred.
Almost Family, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Life and Accidental Death Insurance
• Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
• Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
• 401-k Retirement Plan
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!