Come join Cathay Bank and be a part of a successful organization that values Integrity, Strategic and Effective Leadership, Exceptional Employees, and Extraordinary Services to Customers. Our employees play an integral part of our missions to be a bank with an open door and the premier financial partner to our customers and assist them in reaching their financial goals and dreams!
In 1962, Cathay Bank opened for business with the mission of providing financial services to the growing but underserved Chinese-American community in the greater Los Angeles area, thus becoming the first Chinese-American bank in Southern California. Recognizing that the community it served was part of a more diverse one, Cathay Bank adopted the motto "An Open Door for All." Its rapid expansion was fueled by successive waves of immigration, burgeoning trade between America and Asia, and the economic development of the surrounding community.
Today, Cathay Bank is a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company with over $11.5 billion in assets as of December 31, 2014. Its service network extends from California and Washington on the West Coast to Nevada, Texas, and Illinois, and New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and Massachusetts on the Eastern Seaboard. Overseas, it has a presence in the three important commercial centers in the Asian-Pacific Rim - Hong Kong, Taipei and Shanghai.
Following established company policies and procedures, assists Loan Officers in providing customer service to customers/clients in an efficient and timely manner.
- Performs various duties to coordinate loan documentation and loan closing on approved credits.
- Updates and maintains various ticklers to ensure borrowers are in compliance with Bank covenants.
- Assist Loan Officers with various reports and customer relations.
- Assists customers/clients with initial loan inquiries, and the completion of loan applications.
- Helps loan officers request and collect customers business and personal financial statements and/or tax returns.
- Spreads financial statements and/or tax returns to help with credit analysis.
- Prepares various loan-related reports.
- Sets up and images loan files.
- Sets up new loans/renewals/amendments/modifications on CLX loan origination system.
- Coordinates loan closings with title companies, escrow companies and Corporate Loan Portfolio Management Department.
- Provides excellent service to customers and maintains good business relationships.
- Ensures compliance with Bank’s policies and procedures.
- College degree in accounting or finance preferred but not mandatory.
- Minimum 1-2 years of banking experience preferably in commercial loans and/or branch operations.
- Excellent customer service skills; good verbal and written communication skills; good organization skills; detail-oriented; proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel; bilingual (English/Chinese) is a plus.