Come join Cathay Bank and be a part of a successful organization that values Integrity, Strategic and Effective Leadership, Exceptional Employees, and Extraordinary Services to Customers. Our employees play an integral part of our missions to be a bank with an open door and the premier financial partner to our customers and assist them in reaching their financial goals and dreams!
Review and analyze C&I and CRE loans to determine credit quality, adherence to Bank policy and documentation requirements as well as assist in the preparation of loan review reports and other departmental functions as necessary.
- Perform detailed loan file reviews of lending unit’s portfolios. The reviews evaluate loan credit quality, risk identification, policy compliance, support for the credit decision, and loan structure.
- Assist in the performance of special projects and targeted reviews and in the development of monitoring procedures or analysis of the Bank’s loan portfolio to ensure that significant trends are identified and researched.
- Participate in efforts to enhance department and Bank procedures for loan review, processes, methodology, risk ratings, exceptions monitoring, portfolio analysis, management reporting and other areas as necessary.
- Work with personnel from other departments and external entities (i.e. KPMG, regulators, etc.).
- May be required to attend PLR meetings and help ensure that loans reviewed are appropriately risk rated.
- College degree in Accounting, Finance, or business related discipline preferred but not mandatory.
- Three or more years of commercial bank experience with some exposure to loan review, audit, or lending. Experience as a bank examiner, or with a consulting/accounting firm is also acceptable.
- Knowledge of the various factors related to commercial and industrial and commercial and residential real estate lending products.
- Exposure to regulatory requirements, economic factors, and standards applicable to commercial lending, commercial real estate, construction, and residential lending products.
- Good risk analysis skills. Good cash flow analysis skills.
- Ability to manage high-volume work flow. Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using computer related software applications, (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).