Job Description : Locksmith and Security Technician.
NOTE : This is not a security guard position.
We are looking for someone with at least a year of experience in the field. The job duties will include but are not limited to the following activities: establishing lock security and access by planning and installing locks and related components; opening and repairing locks; cutting keys; maintaining equipment, supplies, and security; planning security systems by conducting a security survey; determining access, locks and exit requirements; identifying security measures for doors, door frames, door locks, panic exit devices and alarms; establishing master key systems; running cable for electronic access control components, CCTV, and alarms; installing and maintaining electronic integrated systems.
Company Background : We are a family owned and operated locksmith and security systems company based out of San Leandro, CA. Our customers consist of commercial, industrial, healthcare, and government clients. The majority of our work is in the Bay Area, but on occasion we are required to travel to other locations.
We are determined to provide our customers with the best service possible in our industry and go above and beyond client expectations to create a new and innovative security company. We strive to simplify the complexities of current security technology to allow our technicians to better understand and adapt to the constantly changing industry.
Some of the services we offer our customers include:
- Door hardware, mechanical and electronic
- Full service locksmith (no auto or residential)
- Security consultation
- Security integration
- Access control
- ADA door openers
- Intercom and low voltage systems
- Doors and frames
- Safe and vault
- Experience as a locksmith or security technician required
- Highly motivated and excellent at time management
- Experience with hand tools and power tools
- Be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be mechanically and electronically inclined
- Basic computer, internet, software, and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends
- Available after hours for overtime work and potential emergency service
- High school education or equivalent required
- Clean criminal background check mandatory and ability to obtain a CA Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Locksmith Permit
- Valid CA driver's license and clean DMV driving record mandatory
- Must have ability to get to and from the shop/office on a daily basis
References : Please include 3 former employer's contact information as a professional references.
Wages: Competitive wages; negotiable based on experience
Benefits: Negotiable after 90 day preliminary period and performance review
Hours: Full time, 7:30 to 4pm Monday-Friday, on call rotating schedule