About the Job
Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers. Eaton in Belmond, IA has 3rd Shift Machine Operator openings.
Setup, operates, and maintains production machinery to perform close tolerance operations of any of following: shearing, friction welding, heat-treating, grinding, turning, drilling, or plating.
- Reads job instructions and/or blue prints to produce required finishes on valves.
- Operates production equipment according to guidelines and in a safe manner. - Practice good housekeeping.
- Performs set-ups and minor maintenance of equipment. Troubleshoots equipment when required.
- Monitor oil and coolant levels of machines.
- Moves product from previous operation to next operation.
- Adjusts machines, tooling, and wheels to keep product within specified tolerances per job instructions.
- Completes production documentation (first piece approvals, routing tags, scrap tickets, etc.) accurately and neatly.
- Uses specified gages to insure proper product tolerances.
- Where required, performs SPC on specified dimensions.
- Follow reaction plan per job instructions if specified quality levels are not met
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
-Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
-No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Belmond, IA in order to be considered.
- Background in machining and setting up metal working machines
- Knowledge of liquid penetrate testing
- Proven ability to run a machine with multiple settings or specifications
- Understanding of how to use precision gauging instruments
- Ability to proactively work with other team members
- This position requires standing and/or walking for an entire eight – twelve hour shift