JOB TITLE: Machine Wireman
JOB SUMMARY: The Machine Wireman position is responsible for the assembly of machine control panels and on-board device wiring by interpreting control schematics and layout drawings.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and interpret electrical control schematics and panel layout drawings.
- Layout control panel backplane devices per design drawings.
- Layout and cut control panel enclosure holes to mount electrical devices.
- Assemble interconnection wiring between control panel electrical devices.
- Label all wiring circuits per electrical control schematics.
- Measure and layout wire-way and conduit runs on machinery for wiring installation.
- Operate conduit cutter, threader and bending equipment.
- Operate industrial fork lift.
- Operate overhead crane.
- 3+ years of experience building control panels and the installation of on-board wiring to devices on production machinery.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting electrical control schematics and control panel layout drawings.
- Strong shop math skills and ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Must possess own hand tools and tool box.
- Proven electrical aptitude using a variety of tools and shop equipment.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Codes and Electrical Workplace Safety.
Essential Physical Functions Needed:
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Climb and work from ladders.
- Work from aerial lift.
- Lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Work from a kneeling or laying position when required.
Equipment Used :
- Common hand tools (i.e. drills, grinders, cutters, etc.)
- Common shop equipment (i.e. pipe bender, pipe threader, drill press, power saw, etc.)
- Wire label making machine.
- Industrial fork lifts.
- Overhead cranes.
- Aerial lifts.
Job Type: Full-time