Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Position your career for long term success by joining the world's most admired motor vehicle parts supplier as ranked by Fortune for the third consecutive year. The Machinist position is accountable for the set-up and operation of production equipment to cost effectively produce high-quality product on a timely basis that meets customer requirements. Normal, clean manufacturing environment in closed facility in non-union environment.
Core shift is Monday through Thursday, 3:30 pm – 2:00 am. We are offering 2nd shift differential pay.
We are offering a $1,500 employee referral bonus and signing bonus for machinist and welders who are hired for 2nd or weekend shifts.
Additional responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Set-up and operate production equipment to produce product that meets internal and external customer demands.
- Assist in the determination of production schedules, raw material needs, and manufacturing operations by communicating
effectively with team members and support departments.
- Assist with routine administrative tasks and department back-up functions to ensure the timely and effective completion of
projects and the smooth operation of the department in support of team and divisional goals.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers, clients,
co-workers, and management members.
- Continually monitor manufacturing methods, processes and procedures to ensure departmental and business goals are met
while maintaining or improving cost competitiveness, which includes identifying, recommending, and implementing necessary improvements.
- Follow and continually monitor established safety procedures to assure a clean and safe work environment is promoted and
- Provide quality in all goods and services delivered to internal and external customers through an approach of thorough planning,
responsible implementation, and continuous improvement.
- Minimum High School Degree or GED required.
- Two-year Vocational Technical Degree in Machine Tool Technology and a minimum of 2 years CNC machine experience OR 4 years CNC machine experience in metal machining processes in lieu of technical degree required.
- Knowledge of, and ability edit CNC programs for all machining operations using the best sequence in order to minimize setup time and optimize quality run time.
- Must have ability to read blueprints with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Must have a good verbal and written understanding of the English language.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and between shifts on work in progress.
- Strong problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to wear personal protection equipment depending on working area (safety shoes, safety glasses w/side shields) required.
- Ability to work mandatory overtime required.
- Must have the ability to use math for general work (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Must have the ability to follow proper sequences/procedures from routing documents.
- Qualified individual should be able to repetitively (using safe manual lifting procedures) lift 50 lbs. of material from the ground up to waist-high levels and load onto machinery, and be able to perform repetitive motion tasks; must have manual dexterity and vision necessary to operate required tools and machines safely.
- Must be within a commutable distance to facility. Relocation support not offered.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without VISA sponsorship.
- Not eligible for VA/VN assignment.
- Preferred Skilled in using boring head/bar, drills and reamers for holes, end mills, face/shell mills for milling, taps & dies for cut threads, counter bores and countersinks for bolt heads, radial saw cutters for slotting, and carbide v. high speed cutting tools.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment such as forklifts, man-lifts, and other hoists preferred.
- Knowledge of metal types by characteristics, markings, and uses.
- Knowledge of conversion systems involving metric, U.S. standard and other measuring standards.
- Knowledge of geometry and trigonometry to determine proper layout, programming, set-ups, and part inspection.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret symbols, dimensioning, tolerances, and three-dimensional & Geometric Dimension and must understand tolerancing concepts in blueprints preferred.
- Ability to follow proper sequences/procedures from routing documents.
- Ability to interpret graphics and check tool geometry to check programming prior to cutting metal.
- Ability to use math for general work (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Ability to determine correct speeds & feeds to machine parts properly and efficiently.
- Ability to adjust machines according to desired tolerances.
- Ability to accurately inspect finished parts using calipers, micrometers, and other gauges, measuring threads, O.D, I.D., lengths, or depths within predefined accuracy ranges.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workplace-EOE/Protected Vetern/Disabled