Under the direction of Business Unit Controller, the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will manage and/or perform the Company’s functions of Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Analysis; Procurement; Sales Reporting, Backlog and Commissions and report financial results and projections to a wide range of internal and external audiences.
Position Responsibilities and Key Focus Areas
Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Analysis – perform and/or oversee:
- Partner with General Manager for Business Unit for reporting results and forecasting to Corporate Management.
- Prepare and monitor annual global and operating unit budgets.
- Analyze monthly budget variances.
- Create annual, quarterly and monthly global forecasts, including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Develop and maintain rolling financial plans from 12-month to long-term horizon.
- Ad hoc reporting, forecasting and analysis
- Supervise and train FP&A personnel as required
Procurement – perform and/or oversee:
- Oversee all significant global purchases with special emphasis on capital and Operations expenditures.
- Develop and implement global purchasing processes and procedures, including competitive bidding on significant purchases.
- Analyze global monthly expenditures, identify savings opportunities.
- Analyze the Company’s labor usage statistics, identify efficiency and productivity improvements.
- Negotiate vendor pricing per the company procurement policy
Sale Reporting, Backlog and Commissions – perform and/or oversee:
- Maintain Revenue Backlog and Trending Analysis
- Report Company Sales bookings
- Calculate and communicate sales commissions
- Perform sales compensation plan impact analysis as required
- Act as a back-up for Costing and Financial Analysis Manager and other Accounting and Finance positions.
General Accounting and Finance Functions – perform and/or oversee:
- Act as a back-up for Costing, Pricing and Month-end-Close functions
- Perform miscellaneous Accounting and Finance tasks as requested
- Develop management and leadership competencies
- Recruit, develop and motivate direct reports
- Implement best practices in the areas of responsibility
- Report Financial results and forecasts to the Global Operations Committee and other internal and external stakeholders