TheProduction Support / DevOps Manager
is responsible for managing and leading a team of System Integrators and System Administrators to enhance and support CCA’s technology platform and systems. CCA's systems have largely grown up from a small-company environment to an environment requiring high availability, accessibility, ease of use, technological sophistication, reliability in handling complex data, and large user base. The Production Support / DevOps Manager is expected to be the acknowledged subject matter expert (SME) as it pertains to the operational function, configuration and structure of CCA’s operational systems. Working closely with the business, application and IT infrastructure teams, the Production Support / DevOps Manager will analyze business and technical problems, work with IT delivery teams and 3rd
party vendors and develop the appropriate operating framework and policies to enable CCA’s technology solutions to scale.
- Actively manage a team of Integration Support Engineers, Release Engineering, and System Administrators responsible for installing, configuring and supporting business critical systems at CCA.
- Work hands on with infrastructure, integration teams and vendors to research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve issues in our production systems.
- Develop productivity and service metrics to measure the team’s performance and effectiveness.
- Manage IT vendor relationships including the communication of CCA business and technical requirements to vendors and partners.
- Understanding CCA’s business rules and objectives that dictate IT system configuration and data manipulation.
- Gain an understanding of and knowledge of the usage of the application by CCA internal customers.
- Manage multiple environments, 3rdparty integrations and lives continuous process improvement using automation, monitoring and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the releases through the environments with different teams.
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain Service Level Agreement (SLA)/Operational Level Agreements with internal and external teams. Manage operational and support management including escalation and incident management procedures and execution.
- Work with CCA’s Application Quality Assurance teams to help develop and execute system or application specific test plans.
- Conduct regular analysis of existing CCA business requirements and make recommendations for improvement and/or enhancements to enhance productivity, security, or performance.
- Work closely with the IT infrastructure team to recommend, establish, and follow policies on system use and services.
- Interface with our IT Delivery team to direct and oversee installations and configuration changes for our internal business customers.
- Maintain user authentication lists and authorization groups in systems and applications.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Support system audits by maintaining accurate and comprehensive documentation.
- Track, monitor, and close production support issues escalated from the help desk and document activities and solutions.
- Provide emergency support as necessary, including after-hours. Develop on-call on rotating weekends, holidays and off-hours support schedules.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working as a system administrator or in a support leadership role of a business-critical application or system.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an IT management role.
- Managing 3rdparty vendor application solutions.
- Experience extracting data from a variety of data stores including relational databases, RESTful web services, LDAP querying and a variety of flat file structures (e.g. EDI, CCD, HL7).
- Experience installing and configuring enterprise applications.
- A strong understanding of SDLC tools and processes, including: source control, release control, change control, and automated build solutions.
- Excellent problem solving, organization, and written and verbal communication skills.
- A “customer-first” mindset and ability to communicate complex technical concepts with individuals across varying levels and functions of the organization.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Zendesk, JIRA, or another issue-tracking system.
- Experience with Business Rules Engines and configuration solutions.
- Experience supporting software solutions for life sciences or healthcare applications and working in a regulated environment (e.g. HIPAA, CLIA, FDA, SOX).
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks (Scrum) and tools (Atlassian Jira).
- Relational database development experience and proficiency with advanced SQL concepts such as complex joins, triggers, cursors, correlated sub queries, analytic functions (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, T-SQL, PL/SQL).
Commonwealth Care Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.