CEMCO-California Expanded Metal is seeking for a Maintenance Electrician to join our City of Industry plant.
CEMCO is recognized as the largest manufacturer of steel framing and metal lath in the western United States. With over 60 state-of-the-art roll formers, CEMCO is able to handle any small and large construction projects.
Execute day to day activities of electrical repair and maintenance as assigned by the maintenance supervisor. Ensuring safe and proper electrical practices and procedures are followed in an efficient manner. Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment with little supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
· Experience with steel roll forming for the metal stud industry a plus.
· Diagnose malfunctioning AC/DC electrical systems and components using electrical test equipment such as ohmmeters and voltmeters, in addition to personal knowledge to determine root cause of electrical failures.
· Must be able to achieve predictive maintenance for electrical systems.
· Extensive knowledge and experience working with 3 Phase 480V, 2 Phase 240V, Single Phase 110V, Transformers, variable frequency drives, control wiring and relay logic.
· Experience with DC motors and drives.
· Experience with AMS Controls a plus.
· Ability to design and build electrical panels.
· Ability to specify, run, hang, bend, drop and connect electrical conduit.
· Ability to determine correct wire size and pull it through conduit.
· Ability to read, upgrade and draw electrical schematics (Solid Works Electric a plus).
· Strong understanding of how PLC’s work and ability to troubleshoot problems is required.
· Ability to program PLC’s preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of the National Electric Code required.
· Identify electrical systems that require upgrading to comply with the NEC.
· Ability to input & retrieve data from a computer including using Bigfoot maintenance software.
· Consult manuals and blue prints for proper repairs and parts requisition
· Comply with all safety rules, equipment and procedures including lockout/tagout.
· Ability to function as a team member and to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers
· Coordinate equipment issues with Maintenance/ Supervisor
Must have your own tools consisting of wrench and socket sets up to 1 ½” minimum, screwdrivers, crescent wrenches, pliers, and Allen wrenches up to ½” minimum, electrical meters to handle up to 480V AC and 1000V DC
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Extensive knowledge on Electrical with ability to troubleshoot all problems that occur with this.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College or technical electrical trade education with electrical certification required. 5+ years heavy industrial electrical experience preferred.
Based on experience
CEMCO offers a fun, challenging and team environment, competitive pay and excellent benefits including:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, 401 K
· 9 Paid Holidays (including your Birthday!)
· Vacation time
· Sick Pay
Applicants must be able to successfully pass criminal background check and drug test.