We are driven by our vision
PBM, Inc. is a company over 100 years old that began as a non-ferrous foundry in 1899 along the Monongahela River in Pittsburgh. In 1968, PBM moved to its present site in Irwin, 20 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, PA. From this location, the first Flush Bottom Mounted Ball Valve and True Multi-Port Ball Valves were developed and manufactured. Today we are a leading producer of dependable, high quality valves.
The successful candidate will perform manufacturing engineering assignments; participate in kaizen events and process mapping sessions. This individual will work autonomously and in team environments when directed.
* Identify and design tooling and fixtures to enable safe and efficient manufacturing of parts/assemblies
* Produce Set-up sheets and CNC Programs using ESPRIT for Milling, Turning, and Mill-turning CNC machining centers
* Understand and apply geometric dimensioning and tolerancing concepts during drawing review and development
* Provide Shop support for assigned projects
* Develop and/or revise work instructions, routings, manufacturing procedures, tool drawings and related manufacturing software for assigned projects
* Identify new and/or improved processes for reducing rework, cycle-time, and costs for assigned projects
* Participate in and/or lead Kaizen Events, Process Mapping and Project Readiness reviews
* Ability to apply software specific to role such as: MS office, Avante, Creo, and ESPRIT
The recommended education requirements for the position is an Associate’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering, with five (5) to fifteen (15) years' experience in a manufacturing environment
* Experience with manufacturing processes, such as machining, welding, and/or assembly
* Excellent communication skills
* Professionalism and commitment to quality, customer service, and continuous improvement
* Ability to tolerate and drive change
* Attention to detail
* Learning agility
* Must be able pass a background check and drug screen
* Must be able to work in the USA
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
PBM, Inc. values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status