About the Job
This position provides imaginative, practical and thorough mechanical engineering designs and analysis to support new product development and ongoing production. This person creates solutions to a broad range of technical problems using a wide application of principles, theories, and concepts in the field plus a working knowledge of related disciplines.
1. Responsible for mechanical engineering on assigned project teams including new product design, cost reduction efforts, identification of processes and suppliers, testing and validation, and documentation development.
2. Works with cross functional teams to develop new electrical and fiber optic communications system devices for commercial and residential uses.
3. Creates, analyzes and recommends conceptual and detailed design alternatives for customer acceptance, ease of manufacturing, cost and quality.
4. Provides empirical analysis of products and processes for mechanical and electrical/RF testing and evaluations.
5. Creates, modifies and evaluates prototypes for new or improved products.
6. Specifies and performs verification and validation tests and analysis to specific, detailed requirements.
7. Creates and maintains document packages and specifications including 3-D models, 2-D drawings and engineering change orders.
8. Verifies design and project objectives meet customer, Leviton and ISO 9001 requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively with cross functional teams, vendors and customers
• Knowledge of design for manufacturing; injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, stamping, die casting, automated and manual assembly
• Ability to understand and apply FEA, FMEA and customer input to product development
• 3D CAD experience (prefer SolidWorks)
• Ability to use engineering economic analysis for decision making process
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering required.
• Minimum 5 years related experience in Mechanical Engineering.
• Experience with injection molded plastic, sheet metal fabrication and design for manufacturing preferred.
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.