Healthcare Associates in Medicine, PC
Medical Billing Representative
Staten Island, NY – Healthcare Associates in Medicine, PC is currently seeking a Medical Billing Representative for an immediate opening. Candidates must have experience in the field of Medical Billing to work within our Worker’s Compensation or Commercial Insurance billing department. Candidates must have clear communication skills. Strong knowledge of insurance and medical coding are vital for this position. As a Medical Billing Representative, you will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring compliance with current payments, rules and legislative regulations that impact billing and collection, follow-up of outstanding A/R all-payers, including self-pay and/or the resolution of denials and `manage correspondence.
Position Responsibilities/Standards(include but are not limited to):
- Coordinates with clinical staff to get charge information for all patients.
- Codes information about procedures performed and diagnosis on charge.
- Verifies and completes charge information in database and procedures billing.
- Processes and distributes copies of billing according to policies.
- Maintains required billing records, reports, files, etc.
- Follow up on all claims from billing through final resolution.
- Scrub claims for billing and front desk errors
- Fix errors and validate electronic claims
- Follow-up for claim status and resubmit denied claims
- Update client systems with detailed and accurate notes
- Post payments accurately to claims
- Make necessary adjustments to claims based on EOB's
- Work on aged receivables.
- Review and prepare claims for manual and/or electronic billing submission.
- Correct and identify billing errors and resubmit claims to insurance carriers.
- Follow up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials, etc.
- Review Insurance EOB's and initiate appeals as necessary.
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and determine patient responsibility
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
- Associates Degree
- Minimum of 2 years Worker’s Compensation or Commercial Medical Insurance experience is a MUST.
- Proficient in computer scheduling and electronic medical records.
- Team player approach.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Windows.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need.
- Standard use of office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
- Position is in a well-lighted office environment.
- Involves sitting approximately 95 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
Equal Opportunity Employer