****MUST HAVE A CURRENT OR PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE****
Position: Credential Assistant
Monday Through Friday
7:30am to 4:30pm
Holidays and Vacation
The 1st Dental Battalion/Naval Dental Center at Camp Pendleton is seeking a Credential Assistant. The contractor will provide support services that includes analysis, design and implementation of the health care provider's Credentials Review/Privileging Program (CR/PP) based on current Department of Defense, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery and Joint Commission instructions and directives.
The Assistant will gather, analyze and verify information on the medical education and specialized training of all practitioners who request privileges in order to ensure authenticity, continuity and appropriateness of training in compliance with applicable privileging policies and instructions. The contractor will coordinate this verification process with both military and civilian agencies in and out of the continental US. In addition the Credential Assistant will also be tasked with the following:
- Solicit confidential professional training documents for all providers. Responsibilities cover credentials records for approximately 300 dental and medical active professionals and approximately 40 reservist dispersed through I Marine Expeditionary Force and 1st Battalion and Naval Dental Center.
- Reviews contractors verifications of education, training and licensure of prospective employees to determine their adequacy of investigation
- Verifies all background information used in establishing a provider’s bonafide medical / professional expertise prior to employment at this facility, makes determination on credential / privilege package and submits for signature of Privileging Authority.
- Plans, coordinates and presents a comprehensive orientation training class for all healthcare providers newly arrived at the Command in order to strengthen their awareness of the program and their role in the successful implementation of this program. In addition, assists with conducting assist visits to I Marine Expeditionary Force commands throughout MCB Camp Pendleton, MCB, Twenty nine Palms, MCAS Yuma, AZ and MCAS, Miramar Designs and ensures the publication of standardized forms utilized locally in the Command’s Credentialing and Peer Review processes Author's correspondence pertinent to the Credentialing and Peer Review. Assists in research, analyses, collate and preparation of a variety of reports for
- Ensures necessary medical and dental records and other necessary documents are available to the investigation officers. Reviews the completed draft submitted by the investigation officer for content and makes recommendations for appropriate changes to content ensuring investigation is in compliance with current directives.
- Ensures Information System Security Officer (ISSO) accountability, compliance and protection of equipment within the department, to include accessory software and hardware.
- Maintain departmental Web page on Command Intranet.
- Knowledge of, including but not limited to the following:
- Understanding of certification and or licensure requirements and levels at which they are conferred/attained for various medical clinical support specialties.
- Established credentials review and privileging processes ·
- Pertinent internal and external requirements for credentials and privileges (BUMED and DOD directives).
- Medical care procedures and processes relating to investigations and the Adverse Privileging Actions/Peer Review Panel and Healthcare Provider Reporting Instruction
- Medical training system, both foreign and domestic, to include differing requirements per discipline and various level of training.
- Medical terminology
- Command’s Quality Improvement Program
- Computer technology, electronic mail system and local databases to input and retrieve data.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to gather and present information and recommendations both orally and in writing.
- Ability to research and analyze data in order to prepare and present information and recommendationscontract Length: 05/03/2017 - 05/02/2019Please call Melisa at 858-578-7351
- Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $18.29 /hour
- Please submit resume to Melisa Lasell for consideration
- Requirements: Must be able to pass a government background check Must be able to obtain a security clearance