About the Job
Job Title: Receptionist and Surgery Scheduler at Medical Office
Facility: Northern Illinois Eye Clinic
Address: 333 E IL Route 83, Suite 106, Mundelein, IL 60060
Job Description: Full time position (30-35 hours/week) at solo practice ophthalmologist office
*Opening and closing the office
*Answering phones, triaging patients, scheduling appointments
* Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
* Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
* Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
* Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
* Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
*Administrative duties such as letter writing, faxing, scanning documents, taking messages for the doctor, calling patients, and communicating with hospital staff are also needed.
Requirements: The ideal applicant would be friendly, reliable, attentive to details, flexible and helpful. Must be computer knowledgeable and willing to learn to use electronic medical records. Applicant also must be able to use internet search engines and Microsoft Word and Excel. Spanish is a plus.
Current office hours include one weekday evening per week (until 8pm) and two half day per week.
Starting date: August 8, 2017
Pay range: $16-17 per hour depending on experience