The Mine Engineer coordinates engineering functions (mine planning, ventilation, mine services) associated with optimization of mining operationsat the Eagle Mine; utilizes knowledge of engineering principles and practices to optimize safety, quality, and productivity of the operation.
- Ownership and accountability for Health & Safety within the mine engineering team.
- Active participation in both department & individual Health & Safety Management plans and that work is carried according to all Eagle policies and procedures and compliance to all Federal and State regulations
- Develop mine plans to conform with all regulatory permits and standards; ensure that work planned complies with standards of the Company.
- Mine planning functions to supportoperational requirements including mine design, production planning, backfilling operations, reporting, budgeting assistance, production metrics and communication with contractor employees.
- Support mine services ventilation, dewatering, communications functions as required.
- Work closely with the Geology team in the areas of ore control, drilling and resource modelling to optimize mine planning.
- Work with Geotechnical Engineer to ensure all mine designs and layouts are compliant with the Ground Control Management Plan.
- Preparation of the Life-of-Mine (LOM) plan for production; review capital development requirements to ensure they meet long term objectives.
- Undertake continuous improvement projects related to mining or maintenance activities as directed.
- Conduct project evaluations on mine improvement projects and present results to management.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Mining or Geological Engineering; appropriate combination of education and experience may be acceptable in lieu of degree requirements.
- 1-5 years of professional experience (technical and/or operations); underground experience preferred.
- Experience with Vulcan and Deswik; Experience with AutoCAD is desirable.
- Experience in mine planning.
- Knowledge of backfill systems, underground rock mechanics and ground support design.
- Knowledge of mine ventilation systems and application of Ventilation-on-Demand controls.
- Strong analytical abilities along with good communication skills.
- Project Management skills would be an asset.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Action oriented and produces results
- Handles a changing environment well
- Is energized by challenge and can energize others
- Excellent Technical Skills
- Able to lead by example
- Build a working culture that promotes the values of Lundin Mining
- Relates to many different stakeholders in a positive and values driven manner
To apply, or to find out more about this role please submit your resume, referencing “Mining Engineer” to: EagleRecruiting@lundinmining.comHelp.