A Fortune 500 company who is one of the largest home-building companies in the nation is seeking several Mortgage Underwriters! They are known for their great culture ("mom and pop" feel despite being a Fortune 500 company), unique benefits (including home purchase discount and ESOP), and aggressive promote-from-within culture (85% of management has been promoted from within). Don't hesitate to reach out to me for more information on how I can help connect you with your dream job!
*This is NOT a remote position.*
· Be responsible for analyzing, underwriting, evaluating mortgage residential loan applications according to business and credit standards, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
· Submit loans through the automated underwriting system (AUS).
· Approve or touch on pending loans and present appropriate loans to the loan committee on a daily basis.
· Assist assigned branches with their underwriting questions, situations, and problems.
· Ensure a 1-2 business day(s) underwriting turnaround for new loans and re-submits.
· A team-player who has strong interpersonal skills.
· At least one of the following Underwriting designations: Conventional, VA, or FHA (Direct Endorsement a plus).
· Basic knowledge of credit, spread analysis, finance and lending procedures, preferably in mortgage residential lending.
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
· Good math and analytical skills.
· An understanding of mortgage products/regulations.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Strong Compensation with opportunity for overtime pay
· Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
· Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
· 401(k) with immediate contribution eligibility
· Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
· Highest profit sharing trust in industry
· Vacation and Holidays