Overview:The Natural Gas Technician will work at our Texas Creek gathering location and ensure daily nominations are met and delivered to the interconnect locations. The technician will be responsible for operating compressors and maintaining approximately 65 miles of pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily inspection of operating parameters for compressors, such as suction/discharge pressure, gas volumes, RPM’s, etc.
- Monitor all fluid levels in compressors, to include oil, antifreeze, and any bulk tanks
- Start/stop compressors as needed in response to well productions
- Perform maintenance as needed, including but not limited to emissions checks and calibrations and PRV Testing
- Be on call as needed, with a limited travel radius during on call weeks
- Daily inspections of operating pressures, temperatures, and fluid levels of dehydration units
- Maintain pipeline through pigging operations, leak surveys, CP reads, and right of way maintenance
- Coordinate with well operators on a daily basis for gas supply and operating plans
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Good oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good overall knowledge of natural gas compression systems.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar engines and Ariel reciprocating compressors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other MS software.
- Lifting of supplies / materials may exceed 50lbs but not on a regular basis.
- Ability to use Forklift, Ariel Lift, and other equipment related to Station Maintenance.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- 3+ years of natural gas industry experience required