United Site Services is the portable sanitation industry leader offering a wide array of rewarding career opportunities for entry level as well as qualified experienced professionals. With over 85 locations across the continental U.S. and over 2,400 dedicated USS associates, there are exciting opportunities to join a growing organization of motivated team members. Enjoy competitive compensation and a benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and more!
United Site Services is growing and wants you to join our successful team today!
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Responsible for managing all operations function(s) at a branch.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Manage and coordinate all operational activity for the branch.
- Direct oversight of dispatcher/routers, service technicians, pick up & delivery drivers, yard personnel, fence crew(s) and shop. Review of all paperwork including manifests, routing tickets, DVIR’s, etc. for completion and accuracy.
- Monitor all service levels and deliveries to ensure the best efficiencies. Recommend measures to improve operational practices and quality of customer care.
- Work directly with other departments to ensure excellent/positive communication within region. Work with various departments to resolve customer service & delivery issues. Work with Operations Managers at other branches to coordinate asset transfers.
- Analyze and report on operational activities, i.e., service levels, routing efficiency, labor & overtime, fuel, etc.
- Work with the Regional Vice President to develop and implement standard practices, efficiency recommendations, etc.
- Responsible for fleet DOT administration including, log books & record maintenance, etc.
- Review and approve e-time punches prior to submitting for payroll processing. Review and approve time off request forms and schedule time off based on operational necessity.
- Responsible for the administration of the company’s safety program at the branch. Works with Safety & HR departments to safety coordinate training, where necessary.
- Responsible for employee development & conducting periodic performance reviews.
- Create and maintain a positive, safe and effective work environment.
- Drive/operate variety of company vehicles.
- Pull trailers with company vehicles.
- Special/other projects as assigned by management.
- This position will supervise all dispatchers/routers, service technicians, P&D drivers, yard personnel, fence crew(s) and shop.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree (AA) from two year college or technical school and 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have experience with multi-stop routing system & dispatch procedures
- Computer knowledge (Navision, Microsoft Office & routing/logistics software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of financial statements.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Knowledge of all company assets in inventory.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning & repair of those assets.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate rates, discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, & ratios to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Driver License (Class CDL A or B with endorsement or Class C).
This position will be assigned a company vehicle or have access to a company vehicle to carry out job responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk, sometimes long distances.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee may occasionally also stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee will, on a daily basis, lift and/or move between 50 pounds and 150 pounds multiple times.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision & ability to focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (in some cases extreme heat/cold), moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This position requires employee to travel regularly to off site work locations and as such use of vehicle will be provided.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
An Equal Opportunity Employer EEO/M/F/D/V