- Responsible for safe and environmentally responsible operation of plant, through behavioral coaching, permit and procedure compliance, site observations, and adaptation of operating instructions to maintain safe and compliant process conditions.
- Assists with safe out planning and appropriate permit requirements.
- Monitors product quality and adjusts operating instruction to maintain on spec production.
- Leads and supervises operating team; team leaders and operators.
- Prepares nightly orders.
- Organizes and implements periodic procedure review.
- Key participant in MOC reviews.
- Prioritizes maintenance work in concert with maintenance leadership.
- Leads trouble shooting efforts of operational problems.
- Documents unusual operational situations.
- Develops team leader and operator skills.
- Mentors technical personnel.
- Provides communication link across operational crews.
- Prepares yield and production plans and forecasts on a monthly, annual, and 5 year bases using history and projected performance.
- Fills in for plant manager during absence.
- Assists with 3rd Party Provider management and accounting.
- Contributor to annual capex planning process.
**This job is based on a ladder structure and the job level (salary) will be determined by the quantity and quality of your experience.
**This position is located in Lima, OH.
- 10 years' experience in a chemical plant or refining facility required; line experience preferred
- B.S. of Chemical Engineering required; can be substituted with 5 year's demonstrated leadership and process understanding abilities
- Stationary Steam engineer license in the State of Ohio preferred
<10% travel, availability for consultation on nights and weekends as required by plant operations
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.