About the Job
Alluvion Staffing is seeking a Senior Project Manager for an immediate long term contract position with a client in Jacksonville, FL.
ABSOLUTELY NO THIRD PARTIES PERMITTED! NO SPONSORSHIP!
LOCAL CANDIDATES- FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW REQUIRED
The Senior Project Manager work on IT projects within the sales group division,
supporting group sales & agile/waterfall projects. Must have excellent communication skills and have experience with large project efforts. The Senior Project Manager must be able to understand complex matrix management, work to resolve problems efficiently & independently.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization. In this, the PM will create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans (work breakdown structures); track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Partner with IT technical staff and Business Sponsor to ensure the design accomplishes both business and technical requirements
- Accountable for managing and monitoring project performance of multiple projects with one or more internal and external dependencies, multiple scopes, including: providing guidance to Leadership and core team which consist of Business/IT and external entities. Manages Issues, Risk, Dependencies and Change Request following the established PMO guidelines.
- Identifies, negotiates, communicates and manages project changes.
- Reports status of project, including project risks, to customers, project team, supervisor, Project Offices, governance and other key staff
- Oversee product documentation and archiving.
- Stakeholder Negotiation.
- MS Project for project tracking
- Adheres to the Project Management standards for project closure.
- Responsible for managing external and vendor relationships (including the SOW and managing to implementation (deliverables and schedules
- 8-10 years of broad applied project management experience in managing technology projects and leading technical staff.
- MUST HAVE FULL SDLC PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE ( MORE APP DEV THAN INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS)
- PMP HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Solid knowledge and experience in various Project Management and Product Development concepts, methodologies and processes
- Must have a solid demonstrated proficiency in the use and/or understanding of project tracking and management tools such as MS Project (including project schedule & financial tracking, reports and outputs and SharePoint).
- Solid proficiency with capacity planning and project projections with a strong financial management background
- Strong PC skills specifically utilizing the MS Office Suite products (e.g., MS Word, MS Excels, etc.).
- Expert in MS Project 2010
- Strong with MS Excel
- Strong Communications (written and verbal)