About the Job
The Elizabeth Lee Black School has openings for Full Time and Substitute Para Educators who enjoy working with children with developmental disabilities. Positions available for summer and 2017-2018 school year.
- Participate in maintaining a healthful and therapeutic environment for students.
- Report significant changes in behavior attitudes or physical condition of Students to a higher lever staff person.
- Encourage students to cooperate with the treatment program by giving positive reinforcement and support as needed.
- Participate in relaying written or oral instruction to other personnel involved in the student’s program.
- Perform non-instructional duties (i.e., meeting bus/van) as directed by teacher.
- Conduct planned instructional sessions (i.e., work individually or with small group of students) as directed. Developing classroom programs as directed.
- Assist teacher with recreational activities (i.e., supervising playground) as directed.
- Complete daily routine tasks of collecting lunch money, taking attendance and completing AIS forms as directed.
Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 3:30pm, as needed hours for substitute positions.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate’s Degree or 48 credits of post secondary education, valid driver’s license, eligibility for Acts 33/34 Clearances and FBI Clearance required.
$10.51/hr. and excellent benefits package for full time positions, including medical/dental/vision, prescription drug plan, paid time off, 403b and 401k.
If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact HR.
We are an affirmative action federal contractor equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or disability.