About the Job
Supermicro has an immediate need for a corporate Paralegal to join our growing in-house Legal Team. We’re looking for an experienced professional who has the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, has a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and good business sense. If you have the ability to make an immediate, meaningful contribution to our team, and would like the opportunity to grow within the organization, we want to speak with you. This position is based in our San Jose headquarters. We are unable to offer telecommuting or a remote working arrangement for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
· Review and negotiate a variety of sales, vendor and other contracts.
· Primary responsibility for reviewing and processing nondisclosure agreements (NDAs) and product evaluation agreements.
· Drive internal contract review process, including document revisions, follow-up, organizing and circulating feedback and revisions to appropriate parties, monitoring contract review process, and escalating issues when needed.
· Maintain corporate files, both electronic and paper.
· Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal approval processes by assisting with template updates, creation of new templates and our contract “playbook.”
· Assist with execution process for various type of legal documents. Organize, maintain and review non-litigation materials and Intellectual Property documents as needed.
· Assist in performing legal research and benchmarking. Prepare memos, charts, and tables as needed.
· Monitor case schedules and filing deadlines. Receive and review incoming documents; assist with scheduling, docketing and calendaring dates for internal department use; and manage legal billing process.
· Serve as point of contact for inquiries from internal groups (e.g., Sales, Finance, Tax, Treasury) for corporate and compliance related information.
· Serve as liaison between various internal departments and work closely with in-house counsel and outside counsel in gathering documents, evidence, correspondences for legal proceedings and other legal matters.
· Perform a full range of legal support tasks and support special projects as needed.
· Experience with patent docketing and maintaining patent database preferred.
· BA/BS and paralegal certificate or combination of paralegal certificate and relevant experience. This is a non-attorney position.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience, with at least two years working as an in-house corporate paralegal, preferably in the hi-tech industry. Public company experience preferred, but not required.
· Ability to identify both business and legal issues and articulate same to internal counsel and stakeholders.
· Experience working with contracts and various corporate documents preferred.
· Possess good judgment and the ability to make decisions that balance priorities of the business and legal teams.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Detail oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Proven ability to handle challenging situations, and resolve issues creatively and effectively.
· Functions well as a collaborative team member and able to work effectively with other internal organizations.
· Demonstrated ability to ramp up quickly with minimal training and to contribute immediately in a challenging and fast paced environment.
· Maintains a flexible mindset and willingness to adapt to change.
· Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff.
· Diligence in completing projects in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy and minimal supervision.
· Possesses a high level of professionalism, integrity, reliability, discretion and confidentiality.
· Proficiency in Word, Outlook and Excel for purposes of data entry and management.
· Passion for what you do, and a good sense of humor.
The listed duties and responsibilities are intended only as illustrations of those that may be assigned and/or performed. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned from time to time, at the discretion of management. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change by the employer at its discretion. Employee understands and agrees that he/she is employed on an “at will” basis. This job description supersedes any previous versions.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its “We Keep IT Green®” initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.