The Kendall County Sheriff Merit Commission is establishing an eligibility list.
ELIGIBLE CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- U.S. Citizen or an alien admitted for permanent residence or lawfully admitted for temporary residence who produces evidence of intention to become a citizen of the United States
- 21 years of age at time of hire
- Valid state-issued driver's license
- High school diploma or GED
- Eye sight correctable to 20/20, Free of color and night blindness
- No felony convictions, nor a domestic violence criminal conviction, nor any misdemeanor conviction involving moral turpitude (50 ILCS 705/6) nor a dishonorable discharge (U.S.Army RE-4 separation classification or equivalent) from the military
- Pass written, oral interview, psychological, medical test, and background investigation which includes a polygraph -
- Possess a valid NIPSTA card - OR - equivalent criteria as per the State standard, issued within 12 months
*POWER Test Cards issued by Triton College or Joliet Junior College will also be accepted.
*Eligible applicants must present the POWER test card NO LATER than December 02, 2017
- Residency - 25 mile radius of the Kendall County Public Safety Center within 1 year of date of hire
There is a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
A maximum of (5) preference points will be awarded for any of the following:
- Education: Persons who have successfully obtained an Associate's Degree - OR - a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Copy of unofficial transcripts must be submitted with application to qualify.
- Experience: Persons who have participated in the Kendall County Sheriff's Office Police Explorer or Auxiliary Deputy program.
- Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged,- OR - who are now, or may hereafter be on inactive or reserve duty in such military or naval service. A copy of Form DD-214 or equivalent proof of current military service must be submitted with application to qualify.
Submission of Application:
Application and fee must be completed and submitted with appropriate documentation online by 4pm, Friday November 17, 2017. Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will not be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. Applications can be found at www.applytoserve.com
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing: All qualified applicants must attend the written exam that is scheduled for Saturday, December 2nd at 9am - Check-in starts at 8am Location: TBD
After preference points have been applied, only the top twenty applicants on the initial eligibility list will receive an oral interview at this time.
Kendall County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting provided by: