HR Generalist 1 (7390669)
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: 800 Beaty Street 800 Beaty Street United States 28036 NC Davidson
As a Payroll Tax Support Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering world class customer service in support of the day-to-day operations of payroll tax.
This role will support the preparation and processing of accurate and timely federal, multi-state and multi-jurisdiction withholding tax payments.
This will include returns and reconciliations if applicable.
Additional responsibilities include quarterly and annual filings by state and entity, processing tax credit paperwork, supporting quarterly unemployment and yearend W2 processes.
• Responsible for all payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
• Balance and upload daily tax transmission file to ADP.
• Prepare wire requests for tax payments to ADP.
• Research and resolve local, state and federal payroll tax issues for employees and local HR reps.
• Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Weekly audits on payroll tax changes made in the PeopleSoft Payroll System. Research reconciling items for the payroll tax account.
• Testing all quarterly tax update changes that are provided by PeopleSoft.
• Review and validate all payroll related taxes for accuracy (this includes working directly with various tax agencies and/or ADP to resolve filing and deposit discrepancies).
• Review and reconcile stock option exercises prepared by Stock Option Administrator for accuracy.
• Collaborate with enterprise and external auditor representatives for compliance reviews.
• Analyze the reasons for tax errors and work with managers and Human Resources and line managers to resolve issues.
• Review and reconcile relocation file for accuracy.
• Research and work with Payroll team to resolve any tax related errors that occur during payroll processing.
• Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement and partner with the appropriate parties to test and implement new improvements.
• Respond timely to tickets and emails regarding inquiries or tax related issues.
• Input tax balance adjustments into the PeopleSoft Payroll System.
• Assist with quarter-end filing, year-end reconciliations, W-2 and W-2C processing, investigate and resolve tax notices, handle inquires, claims, penalties, audit requests and questionnaire request from tax authorities.
• Ensure compliance with company policies, enforce approved pay practices, ensure compliance both at the state or federal levels as well as with government compliance. Performs any control self-assessments to ensure controls are regularly tested and in place for the processes, and are compliant with governmental and internal rules. Maintain internal control procedures to ensure compliance set forth by Audit Services. Including ensuring SOX compliance, segregation of duties and security access.
• Maintain standard work instructions for tax processes including responsibilities for payroll and other key stakeholders.
• Provide back-up support to other team members as needed.
• Participate and/or lead projects as needed.
Additional Job Details:
• Payroll and tax knowledge required (3 plus yrs. experience preferred).
• ADP and PeopleSoft payroll and general ledger experience.
• Demonstrated experience with MS Office Suite with advanced skills using Excel spreadsheets – ability to create pivot tables
• Must have an understanding of State, Local and Federal tax regulations.
• Good analytical and communications skills.• Strong attention to detail including the ability to review daily reports and resolve errors/issues