About the Job
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Position Summary: Provides skilled work required to safely and reliably operate, service, clean and protect all systems, heavy stationary equipment and all ancillary systems, components and hardware in a central power plant, the BEC, producing and distributing steam and chill water throughout campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs operations, maintenance, repair, service, cleaning, and corrosion control work as assigned primarily
- Monitors and logs information from meters, gauges, equipment controls, valve conditions, switch settings and the energy management and control system in accordance with assigned procedures.
- Performs assigned chemical tests of various water sources, documents results, and makes adjustments in accordance with assigned procedures.
- Monitors Energy Management and Control System for alarms and initiates corrective actions in accordance with assigned procedures.
- Handles telephone communications tactfully in accordance with assigned procedures and provides excellent customer service.
- Monitors entire plant facility including equipment and confined spaces for intrusions, defects and changed conditions and initiates corrective actions in accordance with assigned procedures.
- Routinely documents in plant operations logbook compliance with assigned procedures noting the details including the date and times.
- Works effectively with others including subcontract personnel to accomplish assigned work safely, reliably and cost effectively.
- Assists other departments in other duties and locations as assigned.
Minimum Education Required: High School graduate or equivalent. Formal vocational education/training in operations and maintenance of boilers, chillers, turbines, generators or control systems is desired.
Minimum Experience Required: Four (4) years training/job experience operating and maintaining pumps, cooling towers, boilers, chillers, turbines, generators or control systems.
Minimum Skills/Aptitudes Required:
Physical Standards: Full range mobility outdoors, indoors and in confining areas, using stairs, ramps or ladders. Manual dexterity with power and hand tools. Visual acuity. Must be able to stand and work as long as 12 hours in different positions. Handle 40-60 pound bags of salt for storage and replacement of salt levels in brine tanks. Handles 30-45 gallon barrels of soap and lubricants for storage and use in various equipment.