About the Job
Passion for success is where it all starts. At Boulay we inspire remarkable careers focused on building your talents and celebrating your successes. We equip you with a professional/work/business environment, helping you grow personally and professionally. Our style fosters honest, down-to-earth, long-term relationships that provoke open dialogue among colleagues and delivers innovative ideas and services to our clients.
Clients tell us what separates Boulay from the rest is our thoughtful and comprehensive approach to client service—working hard to give clients sound advice, invaluable insights, workable options and thoughtful recommendations.
The Professional & Organizational Development Specialist is responsible to bring resolution through technology, best practices, and training at the intersection of IT, practice area processes and staff development.
It’s about being part of a team that gives you reliable advice, challenges your smarts and cultivates lifelong friendships. If you have at least three years of audit, accounting or tax experience and you are wondering if it’s time to make a career change, consider learning more about the Boulay story.
- Design, develop, train, and maintain all training content for On Boarding Tax, Estate and Trust, and Employee Benefits employees in conjunction with department heads and designees.
- Serve as backup trainer for On Boarding Audit and Accounting Advisory employees.
- Contribute to Firm financial statement knowledge library development, learning the overall developer function and writing new content for approval by POD department head.
- Update firm-customized attest forms and letters templates annual and as directed by Quality Review department
- Resolve questions across all departments requiring an understanding of accounting and software tools
- Work with IT and software vendor support teams to facilitate the employees’ technical experience
- Coordinate and perform new release testing of select software products
- Create and update attest procedure manuals for new processes and new software release updates
- Evaluate existing practice area processes for consistency firm-wide and propose any revisions
- Assist with design and implementation of new practice area processes as directed by the POD department head
- Design, develop, train, and maintain training content for other requested topics in conjunction with department heads and designees (i.e. Microsoft Office products, other client-serving area software products, in-house Tax CPE, etc.)
- Calculate licensing renewal for assigned software products
- Manage Firm administrator websites, as assigned
- Maintain a proficient level of knowledge pertaining to accounting, systems, and software being used to provide high-level solutions to firm clients
- Learn and develop competency of technical skills, work quality, and the application of professional and firm standards
- Maintain professional and appropriate conduct; represent firm and self well in all work-related situations
- Follow all regulations and ethical standards set forth by the Firm and other governing bodies
- Promote the ideals, values, mission, and vision of the firm
- Understand and demonstrate the Boulay 8 (Ethical, Respectful, Personable, Precise, Immersed, Proactive, Innovative, and Inquisitive)
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Organize work, multitask, and prioritize to meet client and firm deadlines
- Complete other duties, tasks, or special projects as assigned
- Demonstrate compliance with all Firm policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years of audit, accounting, and/or tax preparation experience
- CPA licensure or actively working towards CPA licensure
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to effectively utilize accounting software
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to learn new processes and information quickly
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to reason intelligently and use sound judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal capacities in English
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team-based attitude, and a desire to collaborate
- Experience with CaseWare International software products
Open doors at all levels Collaborative work spaces
Flexible hours Competitive Base & Bonus Compensation
Learning and Development Programs Dress for Your Day Culture
Generous Vacation, Personal and Holiday Boulay Buddies, Mentors and Primary Partners
Comprehensive benefits package Paid Volunteer Time
Firm and team social events Snacks, Pop and Ping Pong!
Attn: Human Resources
7500 Flying Cloud Drive, Suite 800
Minneapolis, MN 55344