IMMEDIATE Long-Term Contract in San Francisco For A
Program Manager, Technology Separation & Migration
The role of the Technology Program Manager, Separation & Migration is to track and manage the overall delivery of separation projects, including product technology migration to the cloud, ensuring that transitional service agreement exit milestones are being met, dependencies between projects and programs are identified and mitigated, and risks, issues, and decisions are appropriately communicated and resolved. The Program Manager will work with technology leaders, migration champions, and central teams to ensure alignment, visibility, and coordination of various separations & migrations to drive decisions and issue resolution, create a strategy, and optimize resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, manages, and reports on the holistic program of cloud migration and tech separation projects with a solid understanding of inter- and intra-dependencies and resource needs.
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, and reports on risks across the program while assessing the overall program risk level.
- Liaises with the Technology Program Managers to understand the impact of changes to other projects within the portfolio.
- Supports the process of project initiation, working with Finance through approvals and prioritization.
- Provides recommendations on separation management best practices
- Designs templates, frameworks to be leveraged by the separation and program office
- Understand and help manage financial implications of changes to future state and timeline
- Provide ongoing assistance and separation specific expertise across initiatives identified in the detailed planning phase
- Ensure third parties are collaborating as appropriately
- Support the coordination of business and technology stakeholders for implementation partners
- Track issues related to TSA service or TSA exit and support resolution and mitigation
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests to support managements' ability to track separation projects (e.g., CIO dashboard, functional hiring plans, and strategy)
- Represent Technology in all cross-functional SMO meetings and workshops (typically working in conjunction with the Tech separation leads)
- Facilitate regular functional meetings
Education and Previous Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in technology divestiture activities and managing of Cloud Migration programs/projects with an ability to adapt experience into best practices for immediate use
- Technical or development experience in cloud environments, data migrations or data management projects a plus
- Program or Project Management in Agile or Agile-like environments
- Professional certification in project or program management preferred (e.g., PMP, PgMP certification)
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong executive presence and proven ability to present strategic information to, and drive change across a broad range of audiences.
- Experience designing and implementing new processes
- Demonstrated change management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build cross-functional relationships
- Ability to work effectively with diverse styles, skills, and abilities across cultures
- Strong negotiating, influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers