ACTIA Group, founded in 1986, is an international group, specializing in added value electronic equipment destined for the buoyant Automotive and Telecommunications markets. Its headquarters are based in Toulouse, France.
ACTIA is a major solutions provider of dedicated on-board systems for Bus and Coach, commercial, industrial, construction, agricultural and military vehicles. ACTIA is harnessing the power of 21 subsidiaries in 16 countries strategically located on 5 continents to deliver multiplexed instrumentation, power management solutions, telematics, diagnostics, EV powertrains, displays, tachographs, multimedia, safety and security products. ACTIA’s ability for innovation is backed by an annual investment of 15% of sales on Research & Development with a staff of almost 700 engineers worldwide. Backed by its international dimension, its design units’ ability to innovate and the performance of its production facilities, the ACTIA Group offers its customers global solutions with totally controlled costs, quality and deadlines.
ACTIA is a leading solutions provider to vehicle OEMs worldwide. ACTIA's expertise in the area of multiplexed solutions is second to none. Our technologies are modular and are based on industry standards that ensure the longevity and compatibility of our solutions. Although these solutions meet the needs of our customers, ACTIA transcends the competition by creating a partnership with our customers to continue to move them down the path of innovation and leadership.
ACTIA's growth and success depends on the quality of our employees. As a leading vehicle electronics and diagnostics solutions company, we are always looking to add highly motivated and talented individuals to our workforce.
Job Title: Project Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Engineering Manager
Required Education: AS, BS or higher in EE, EET, ME, MET or demonstrable equivalent.
Work as a supervisory member of the Engineering team to assist all departments in producing a smooth, efficient flow of quality work through the company. This position requires someone with a proven track record for completing projects on time and on budget, demonstrating good leadership skills, and working well with other departments. Formal training or considerable experience in the electronic products market is expected.
· Experience to manage projects with no or little supervision.
· Cursory experience in databus messaging structure & its application.
· Cursory experience in small signal analog electronic design.
· Cursory experience in digital electronic design including micro controllers.
· Cursory experience in mechanical design principles & acceptable practices.
· Cursory experience in software design principles & acceptable practices.
· Cursory experience in EMC/EMI & other environmental requirements.
· Cursory experience in the electronic production process and methodology.
General Responsibilities (90%)
· Create project feasibilities, to include project timelines and requirements documents.
· Write or supervise the writing of the project functional specification.
· Write or supervise the writing of manufacturing test requirements.
· Review and approve the project test plans (hardware, software, mechanical & system).
· Review and approve the project test reports (hardware, software, mechanical & system).
· Manage the project schedule and update accordingly.
· Manage the projects budget & monitor variances.
· Schedule and oversee design reviews (hardware, software, mechanical & system).
· Manage all project documentation to completion (including all subcomponents)
· Oversee the making of allprototype parts and assemblies.
· Assist in the production startup of products (interaction with other departments for completing prototypes and projects).
· Maintain documentation as required per Engineering Change Notices.
Miscellaneous Duties (10%)
· Help out in other work areas when requested by your supervisor.
· Maintain time records and project reports as required
· Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Travel: Occasional travel to customers and vendors, with possible overnight stays, may be required.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.