AvAirPros has offices and/or professional staff located at over 25 airports in the U.S. The firm assists Airline and Airport Operators by serving in an Airline Liaison, Technical Representative,Program or Project Management, Consulting or Advisory role. AvAirPros is recognized for fostering a collaborative environment to help clients achieve their objectives. For more than 28 years, the firm has encouraged a culture that provides our professionals with a high degree of independence and responsibility, leading to professional and personal growth opportunities.
This position will assist in managing and coordinating Airline involvement and providing Airline representation through all phases of planning, programming, design and construction for the projects included in the CIP Program for the Hawaii State Airport System. This position will coordinate as necessary with the various stakeholders to include the Airport Representatives, Engineering Representatives, Other Airport Agencies,Construction Project Teams and Airline Representatives as necessary to assist with program implementation. In addition,the position monitors the CIP Program and provides ongoing status updates to the Airline group. This position will assist in reviewing the CIP program for future planning years and facilitate Airline Group review, consideration and support for moving forward with the proposed projects. Furthermore, this position will support the ongoing partnership and engagement between the Airports and Airline Group on the implementation of the CIP Program and other lease and business issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist as a point of contact for coordination between the Airlines and other Airport Stakeholders, to include the Airport and Engineering Representatives, Construction Project Teams and Other Airport Agencies, to assist with the implementation of the Capital Improvement Program at the Airports that comprise the Hawaii State Airports System.
- Assist with facilitating project implementation with an awareness and consideration of Airline needs and perspective as well as needs of the Airport and Project Teams. Assist and coordinate collaboratively toward establishing common ground from which the overall objectives of the different parties can be achieved.
- Participate in the planning,programming, design development and the construction document process by providing review, comment and input on how the evolving design meets the proposed project goals, scope, schedule and budget.
- Review and prepare written comments on project related submittals (Drawings, Criteria, Reports, Specifications,etc.), and coordinate Airline participation, review and approvals in the design and project implementation process.
- Assist the Airlines with the development of technical/analytical studies, reports and documentation to support the implementation of the program. Assist with the development of any design alternatives related to projects being implemented.
- Assist with project implementation and resolution of issues by facilitating discussions between the Airport Representatives, Engineering Representative, Other Airport Agencies,Project Teams and Airlines Representatives as necessary. Form and coordinate activities of various Airline subcommittees and work groups to address various issues which arise during project implementation.
- Monitor progress and provide status updates to the Airline group on the progress of the CIP Program.
- Assist in reviewing the CIP program for future planning years and facilitate Airline group review,consideration and support for moving forward with the proposed projects.
- Involved in the planning, design development and construction of Airport Terminal and Support Facilities, Airline Operational Facilities and Systems, Baggage Handling Systems, Airfield and Apron pavement work, Building and Communication Special Systems, Aircraft Support Systems and Other Specialty Systems.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the management and/or implementation of medium to large, complex projects
- A strong understanding of all phases of construction project implementation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to be self-directed, self-motivating, and self-disciplined
- Strong ability to work independently
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively
- Experience working with the airline industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- B.S. in Engineering, Construction,Architecture or related field required