Preferred Mutual is a 120 year old stable, profitable, forward thinking insurance company of 300+ employees. Independent by nature we think about insurance solutions a little differently. As a company we listen, problem solve, examine challenges and collaborate on solutions being flexible and adaptable to ever evolving needs. What we do for our clients we do for our employees. We are process and domain experts, focused on solutions that deliver results for our clients and our company. We offer a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers and competitive compensation.
We are in search of a Project Manager to join our team. This is a permanent opportunity, based in New Berlin NY, central upstate New York’s Oneonta area requiring on-site presence during the business week. Sponsorship is not a consideration at this time.
As Project Manager you will deliver projects to successful completion in alignment with strategic and operational goals through planning, coordinating and managing enterprise resources to achieve desired project outcomes. Advance enterprise capability through Organizational Project Management.
The ideal candidate must possess:
· Four-year degree (bachelor’s degree, or global equivalent), at least three years project management experience, and Project Management Professional (PMP) credential through Project Management Institute (PMI) required
· Ability to develop and lead multi-faceted project teams on projects of medium to high complexity throughout all phases of project life cycle required with strong interpersonal skills, including leadership, team building, motivation, communication, influencing, decision-making, awareness, negotiation, trust building, and conflict management required
· Experience eliciting, translating, and managing stakeholder requirements; solid risk management and change management skills
· Technical, conceptual and problem-solving skills required
· Proficiency with MS (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), MS Project, MS Visio and Adobe Fireworks, preferred
· Experience in Property and Casualty Insurance industry, preferred
Preferred Mutual offers Company sponsored health insurance, including medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage (on hire) with HSA and FSA, base, bonus, 401(k) with company match, pension, vacation, short/long-term disability, life insurance, subsidized cafeteria and a business casual environment.
Contact Carolyn Santiago, HR Specialist-Recruiter with Preferred Mutual at Carolyn.email@example.comHelp to begin a dialogue.
Preferred Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.