About the Job
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
- Works on relatively straightforward installation of Broadband and Ethernet services on network switching equipment.
- Serve as primary central point of contact for orders within the BSDO organization.
- Coordinates with other departments and vendors to ensure on-time delivery of service to customers.
- Technician for customer/company network systems installation and/or maintenance activities.
- Monitors network operations and resolves routine network monitoring problems.
- Monitors network performance; conducts routine monitoring equipment installation and maintenance activities; resolves routine trouble tickets.
- Associate degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Min 3 yrs related experience in specific area or equivalent.
- May require technical certification.
- Remotely provision and Coordinate (vendor order and management) field operations to establish Layer 1 (OSI model) on services sold by CenturyLink. Services include DS-3, OC-n, 1G through 100G LAN-PHY.
- Coordinates, plans, and implements Customer installation and service activations.
- Works well with internal customers in sales and engineering from start and complete orders in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with appropriate departments to verify customer requirements, testing and installation.
- Coordinate with Field Operations and Sales as needed to facilitate delivery. May serve as primary internal point of contact for service delivery
- Works on installation and/or maintenance assignments on network transport, switch or router equipment.
- Ideal candidate possesses working knowledge within DWDM; Fujitsu 9500; 4100; 4100ES; 4500;7120. CIENA 6500; 5400s; Corestream, Nortel classic oc192/48; Optera DX; 1600; Infinera DTN; DTN-x; Cisco 15454; 15310; Optera; Tellabs; Lambda Unite and Xtreme, Alcatel and various Router / Frame / ATM support
- Desirable experience also includes hands-on installation, maintenance, and tuning of data communication system software components, hardware/software operating in a networked environment
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Denver
Requisition #: 142108
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.