Manufacturing/Production Quality Technician
Performs the day-to-day monitoring, testing and documentation to assure that all processes and practices comply with SQF standards for Food Safety and Quality, as well as other federal regulations and directives in food production. Gathers sampling of product and performs quality testing of production environment and equipment. Conducts quality audits of facility assuring company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Performs record reviews. Assists with special projects. A focus on standards, regulations and practices related to food safety and food quality and environmental safety is priority. All procedures and practices used are grounded in standards, regulations and laws addressing occupational safety (OSHA), and food safety and food quality (FDA) in addition to environmental safety (EPA) in accordance with Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Associate’s Degree in Food Science, Quality Assurance, Business or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Three years of progressive work experience in the food manufacturing industry management experience, preferably in the quality assurance function
- Requires an in-depth working knowledge of food safety and food quality standards, regulations, and laws governing the food production industry such as SQF and environmental safety regulations along with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Requires problem solving skills with an emphasis on detail orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge of regulations of major vendors and governmental agencies such as FDA, OSHA, and EPA