About the Job
• Formulate and reformulate home care products institutional, industrial, and general cleaning products and assure that the products meet the physical, performance, and stability attributes outlined in the product development brief.
• Accountability for cost parameters of the home care product under development
• Provide technical support on manufacturing process design and process design validation
· Provide technical support for quality control and quality assurance programs including the analysis of stability data and the investigation of complaints, nonconforming and OOS reports as assigned
· Provides technical services to other departments
· Provides technical backup to sales staff on customer calls, and summits
· Evaluates competitor products to insure USN maintains a competitive advantage over competitors.
· Identifies opportunities for new intellectual property.
· Constantly looks for opportunities to improve R&D processes, accelerate speed to market and reduce costs.
· Builds strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
· Selects, along with purchasing, External Manufacturers when needed.
· Trains and supervises department staff, evaluates staff performance provides routine evaluations of progress toward these goals.
· Identifies and promotes professional growth opportunities for staff.
· Ensures adherence to professional standards and ethics.
· Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or a Life Science with Chemistry Background.
· Five (5) years’ experience in home care product development. Pharmaceutical or cosmetic research and development will be considered.
· Knowledge of applicable Regulatory is a plus
· Knowledge of Project management skills.
· Computer Skills – Minitab, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat.
· Bilingual (Spanish, English) preferred