$3,000.00 Hiring Bonus for Full Time RNs!
Registered Nurse (RN) – Home Health
Under limited supervision provides and documents intermittent therapeutic, restorative skilled services in the patient’s place of residence. Patient problems range from simple to very complex. Provides services when ordered by a physician and in accordance with accreditation guidelines, Federal and State Rules and Regulations, accepted standards of nursing practice and LMVNA Policies and Procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
· Conducts and documents comprehensive nursing assessments.
· Accurately collects required data (OASIS) as part of the assessment at Start of Care (SOC), Resumption of Care (ROC), transfer, discharge, when there is a significant change in the patient’s condition and every sixty days.
· Determines program eligibility, needed services, and verifies payer sources.
· Reviews patient’s medications at every visit, maintains a list of current medications and reconciles the Home Health medication list with medication lists from other providers; e.g. inpatient discharge.
· Develops and maintains an individualized patient centered plan of care using critical thinking skills. Evaluates the patient’s response to care, updates the care plan and makes referrals to internal and external resources to meet patient’s needs.
· Develops and implements an individualized teaching plan for the patient and family/ caregiver with a goal of assisting the patient in reaching the highest level of independence possible.
· Timely obtains physician orders for necessary care and services.
· Case manages assigned patients ensuring continuity of care and efficient and effective utilization of resources to ensure patient goals and desired outcomes are met.
· Communicates timely and effectively with physicians, Case Managers, Directors, Supervisors and appropriate members of the interdisciplinary team regarding changes in the patient’s condition, plan of care, needs and goals
· Ensures clinical documentation is complete, accurate, professional and submitted to LMVNA within 48 hours of the visit, patient/family or interdisciplinary care team interaction.
· Presents assigned patients at weekly care conferences.
· Proactively ensures patients have correct supplies.
· Supervises LVNs and CHHAs. Ensures a current CHHA plan of care is on record and available to the CHHA. Makes CHHA supervisory visits at least every two weeks.
· Ensures that all required notices are provided to the patient or patient’s legal representative timely and in compliance with regulations. These include, but are not limited to: Home Health Advance Benefit Notices (HHABN) and Notices of Medicare Non-Coverage (NOMNC).
· In collaboration with Team Coordinators ensures prior authorizations and TARs are completed in accordance with policy
· Monitors case communication follow up notes, e-mail and mailbox and takes appropriate action in a timely fashion.
· Meets or exceeds LMVNA productivity expectations.
· Works weekends and holiday rotations as assigned.
· Accurately and timely records and reports hours worked as required by state regulations.
· Identifies health and safety risks and implements risk reduction strategies for self and others according to LMVNA policy and procedure.
· Actively participates in quality improvement, in-services and other activities as requested or required.
· May serve as Preceptor to RNs and/or LVNs.
· Acts as a role model within and outside the agency.
· Maintains a positive and respectful professional attitude.
· Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues.
· Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
· Performs other duties as assigned and complies with all policies of the organization.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Current State of California RN license.
· Current CPR certification.
· One year prior professional nursing.
Livingston Memorial VNA
1996 Eastman Ave Ste 101
Ventura, CA 93003
Contact: HR Coordinator
Phone: (805) 642-0239 ext 734
Fax: (805) 650-1536