The Agfa-Gevaert Group develops, produces and distributes an extensive range of analog and digital imaging systems and IT solutions, mainly for the printing industry and the healthcare sector, as well as for specific industrial applications.Job description:
Agfa Graphics is a leading supplier to the printing industry. All over the world, we supply sign & display companies with a range of highly productive and versatile wide-format inkjet printers and dedicated inks, in addition to workflow automation software. We also serve various industries by deploying our state-of-the-art inkjet inks in printing solutions that are integrated into existing manufacturing processes.
Commercial, newspaper and packaging printers count on us for the most extensive range of prepress solutions, including hardware, software and consumables. These include a.o. user-friendly chemistry-free printing technology which saves costs and the environment, as well as mobile publishing software for newspapers and magazines.
Agfa Graphics has an exciting opportunity at our Branchburg, NJ site for an experienced Reliability Engineer. We are looking for an individual with a BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical preferred) with a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Our ideal candidate should be a self-motivated leader and team player; someone with a ‘hands on’ practical aptitude, demonstrable through the development of understanding and detailed knowledge of complex manufacturing processes. We want someone who can challenge the ‘status quo’ whilst helping deliver ongoing improvements in reliability and throughput.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions which lead to equipment and process improvements
- Assist/advise other site and HQ Engineers on complex/multi discipline projects
- Lead teams in Root Cause Analysis and definition of effective Preventive Actions
- Develop metrics and define targets to help deliver sustained performance gains
- Work with other departments to ensure needs are fully understood and met
- Ongoing development of self and team, formally and ‘on the job’
Major Opportunities & Challenges:
- As a Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring the reliability of processes, systems and equipment, supporting the on time/on budget delivery of improvement projects, whilst meeting all safety, environmental, energy and quality objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical preferred)
Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills, be able to work in a team environment and able to comfortably interact with staff at all levels, in engineering, operations and other areas, on a regular basis.
- Candidates should have strong analytical and leadership qualities as well as specific
- technical expertise (software, firmware, material science, mechanical, electrical, controls and instrumentation, etc.).
- Candidates should also have 8-10 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
Agfa Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Agfa is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail AccessAgfaJobs@agfa.comHelp or call: 201-373-4010. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis."