About the Job
Passion for success is where it all starts. At Boulay we inspire remarkable careers focused on building your talents and celebrating your successes. We equip you with a professional/work/business environment, helping you grow personally and professionally. Our style fosters honest, down-to-earth, long-term relationships that provoke open dialogue among colleagues and delivers innovative ideas and services to our clients.
Clients tell us what separates Boulay from the rest is our thoughtful and comprehensive approach to client service—working hard to give clients sound advice, invaluable insights, workable options and thoughtful recommendations.
The Retirement Plan Account Analyst is responsible for managing all aspects of compliance systems data maintenance to facilitate transaction processing, compliance testing and reporting.
It’s about being part of a team that gives you reliable advice, challenges your smarts and cultivates lifelong friendships. If you have an Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience within the retirement plan industry and you are wondering if it’s time to make a career change, consider learning more about the Boulay story.
- Analyze plan documents to determine terms, responsibilities and duties associated with service provided for the plan
- Ensure system specifications reflect written plan documents
- Manage benefit plan records and information for firm clients
- Analyze and process census information
- Reconcile and update participant data
- Review selected incoming distribution documentation paperwork for completeness and accuracy
- Assist in calculating and processing transactions, distributions and loan requests
- Manage trust statements and perform trust accounting
- Prepare 5500s and compile reports
- Assist in the evaluation of takeover plans and coordinated related transition of data
- Manage data links with partner financial institutions
- Maintain contact data and web interfaces
- Assist with managing deadlines, correspondence, data collection and retirement plan compliance for clients
- Research pension trust accounting reports and research discrepancies
- Remain actively involvement in departmental development of processes and procedures.
- Develop into a centralized data management resource for all our internal and external contacts
- Maintain professional and appropriate conduct; represent Firm and self well in all work-related situations
- Proactive in approach to internal and external client service
- Adhere to all regulations and ethical standards set forth by the Firm and other governing bodies
- Promote the ideals, values, mission, and vision of the Firm
- Understand and demonstrate the Boulay 8 (Ethical, Respectful, Personable, Precise, Immersed, Proactive, Innovative, and Inquisitive)
- Complete other duties, tasks, or special projects as assigned
- Demonstrate compliance with all Firm policies and procedures as defined in the Employee Handbook
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent employment experience
- Previous experience in a role like this strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to effectively use specialized softwares
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot to discern options and resolve issues
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to learn and understand complex ERISA, DOL, IRS and SEC regulatory requirements
- Strong comfort level with technology and learning new programs.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to reason intelligently and use sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team-based attitude, and a desire to collaborate
- Experience with Relius software is preferred
● Open doors at all levels ● Collaborative work spaces
● Flexible hours ● Competitive Base & Bonus Compensation
● Learning and Development Programs ● Dress for Your Day Culture
● Generous Vacation, Personal and Holiday ● Boulay Buddies, Mentors and Primary Partners
● Comprehensive benefits package ● Paid Volunteer Time
● Firm and team social events ● Snacks, Pop and Ping Pong!
Attn: Human Resources
7500 Flying Cloud Drive, Suite 800
Minneapolis, MN 55344