About the Job
Sales Business Development Manager
Sigmetrix, LLC is a global leader in mechanical engineering tolerance analysis and GD&T solutions focused on making a difference in product design and manufacturing. Our solutions help engineers and designers understand and manage the inherent deviations between as-designed products and as-produced products.
In this unique position, we are looking for an energized, proactive Sigmetrix salesperson to establish, grow, and successfully maintain the customer base for our sister company, Maplesoft™.
Maplesoft is a leading provider of technology software tools and expertise to engineering organizations within the automotive, aerospace, robotics, power, electronics, and manufacturing markets. Its innovative suite of products harnesses the power of mathematics to provide industry and government customers with the ultimate set of technical simulation and modeling tools.
This role provides the opportunity to sell MapleSoft’s suite of advanced system level modeling tools. These tools allow customers to verify designs before building prototypes, refine and optimize their designs, and reduce late stage changes in the development cycle. As part of the MapleSoft team, this position receives excellent marketing and engineering support to assist with revenue goals achievement.
A successful candidate will have a professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance, will be customer-focused, will be able to communicate well with customers, colleagues, vendors, and management, will possess self-motivation while contributing within a team environment, and have a persistent desire to achieve results.
Duties and Responsibilities
§ Achieve and exceed revenue targets
§ Foster, generate, network, source, and qualify leads, referrals, and customers
§ Research and proactively prospect for new sales opportunities
§ Develop, prepare, and present sales action plans, strategies, and proposals
§ Monitor competitors, market conditions, and product development
§ Gather information from customers that will help qualify opportunities, advance the sales process, and provide feedback to further enhance the product and understand the marketplace
§ Manage sales schedule to effectively and efficiently cover territory
§ Maintain accurate records including CRM data, sales activity, reports, and expenses
§ Regularly meet in person with prospects and customers
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical software direct sales
- Knowledge of sales principles, practices, methods, and techniques
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to convert prospects, close deals, and achieve quotas
- Ability to set goals, monitor the progress of objectives against targets, and develop corrective actions or recommendations to ensure goals are met
- Network, network, network
- Be a true hunter using developed skills to generate a new market for Maplesoft
- Travel full time
- Phoenix, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City or surrounding area near large hub airport
Desirable, Not Required
- Experience with system level simulation tools such as Simulink, SimMechanics, SimScape, Amesim, Dymola, or any other Multi-Doman simulation tools
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM software
- Participation in professional sales social organizations
View our websites at www.maplesoft.com and www.sigmetrix.com. Competitive compensation, generous benefits package, and work from home offered. Salary and commission commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Please know only qualifying resumes will receive consideration and submission response.