Since 1964, Peek ‘n Peak Resort has been recognized in the North East region as an all seasons family destination. The Resort is comprised of 105 acres, 27 slopes and 4 Terrain Parks with varying difficulties. Travelers from PA, OH, NY and Canada visit the resort for affordable recreation, such as: Snow Sports (Ski/Board/Terrain Park/Tubing), Golf, Adventure Park, Spa and Events. We’ve established generations of enthusiasts who love the beautiful location, rustic charm, learn to “ski and ride” programs and legendary snow conditions. Scott Enterprises mission is centered on the guest experience and our employees are good at what they do – there is no better place to workand play!
The Sales Detailer is responsible for general office administration including clerical duties, reservation processing and account services for the Sales Management Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Communicate with Director of Sales, Hotel General Manager, Sales Management and Banquet Department to plan for and execute weddings, conferences, meetings and special or company events.
- Act as first “point of contact” for clients and resort associates to ensure superior customer service and complete guest satisfaction while driving sales revenue.
- Educate clients on current services, facilities and pricing while demonstrating advanced knowledge of resort and / or Scott Enterprises. * Take reservations, room block details, wedding room blocks and reservations, rooming lists, credit card information, meeting room details, party reservations and information, package reservations and handle guest needs as required.
- Perform consistent follow up on sales accounts for details to include reservation information such as cut-off dates, meeting details, room lists, and other pertinent information.
- Assist with the preparation of various reports, proposals, confirmation agreements, bid requests and other business requests.
- Answer telephone, give information to callers, take messages, transfer calls to appropriate individuals and return calls in a timely manner.
- Research, solicit and cultivate “lead” sources and assist sales team with creation of new accounts, events and business.
- Demonstrate expertise in processes / procedures within sales department including computer systems, working files, reservation system, rate quote process, reporting and yield management.
- Manage electronic databases, event calendars, filing systems and perform routine data entry.
- Complete all copying, distribution, faxing and mailing of correspondence including contracts and company literature.
- Responsible for event analysis reports, tracking reports and financial reports.
- Adhere to department / resort / company policies, procedures and safety rules at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and communication skills necessary to work with guests and associates at all levels
- Ability to develop an understanding of concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and experience using Internet for web based research.
- Ability to work in a team and perform well independently, meeting position requirements without constant supervision.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school or GED equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Business, Communications or Hospitality Management strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in professional office environment; sales experience strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to position one’s self to maneuver or adjust various materials weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer terminal, telephone, and a 10-key calculator.
- Ability to operate a copy and fax machine, which requires continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement.