About the Job
JSW Group is the $11 Billion leading division of the O.P. Jindal Group, which has grown into an $18 Billion global business conglomerate with interests spanning the steel, mining, power, industrial gases and ports verticals.
JSW Steel, Inc., the flagship company of the JSW Group, is today an integrated steel manufacturer and the largest private-sector steel manufacturer in terms of installed capacity, maintaining a strong presence in the global value-added steel segment. At its facilities in India, North America, at JSW Steel (USA), Inc. in Baytown, Texas, and Europe as well as joint ventures in the country of Georgia and with JFE Steel Corporation of Japan. JSW Steel, Inc. strives to provide excellent service, products, and delivery to its global customer-base.
We currently have an open position for the following at our manufacturing location in Baytown, Texas.
These positions will perform manufacturing duties, machine operation and/or production work.
Job must be carried out in compliance with all JSW Steel Business Conduct and Ethics Standards, policies, and procedures as well as all Federal, State, and Local laws. Must be 18 years old to work in the manufacturing environment.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES & TASKS (list in order):
- Follows direction from supervisors
- Working shift work
- Able to meet the demands of large amounts of standing, stooping, walking, bending, lifting, carrying, climbing, balancing, twisting, and turning.
- Have the ability to speak and hear to communicate
- Hand dexterity to push, pull, hold, turn machine equipment, and operate tools.
- Lift up to 40-50 pounds regularly.
- Occasionally work at heights requiring climbing stairways.
- Work in varied weather conditions including considerable heat and cold.