About the Job
If you are interested, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities are but not limited to:
• Monitor the entrance of the building including guest registration and curfew management
• Monitor the building/lobby ensuring quiet hours/visitation policies are upheld and that security/cleanliness are maintained
• Make hourly rounds throughout the building (and outside the building) and keep the building log up to date
• Make sure all exit and emergency doors are secured
• Enforce University and Residence Life and Housing policies and procedures
• Assist the resident assistants as needed during the shift
• Maintain relationship with Campus Police and provide information as needed
• Communicate regularly with the Residence Coordinator
• Attend monthly meetings with the Director
• Stay up to date on the latest information concerning the Department
• Participate in on-going training sessions as needed
• Inform supervisor and other Residence Life and Housing Staff as needed regarding student and building issues
• Be able to respond appropriately and promptly in emergency situations
• Report maintenance and damage concerns in a timely fashion (before the end of daily shift)
• Assist in program development and management as appropriate within the building
• Document/report any incidents that occur in the Residential Area to the Residence Coordinator (before the end of daily shift)
• Perform related duties as assigned to meet departmental and campus goals and objectives
• Submit daily/night summary to the Residence Coordinator
High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice preferred. The ideal candidate has the ability to communicate effectively and confront subversive behavior in a professional manner. Additionally, this position requires someone who is organized, flexible, and requires limited supervision and the following:
• Law enforcement or security training preferred, but not required.
• CPR and first aid certification preferred, but not required.
• Must have valid driver's license and own transportation.
• Must have and maintain a clean criminal record.
• Flexible schedule and weekend hours included.
• Must communicate effectively with people from varied social, educational, and economic backgrounds.
• Must be able to work without constant supervision, make decisions, and have good judgment while performing under stress.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize based on department functionality.
• Must possess the ability to learn appropriate computer functions.
• Must have the ability to keep concise and accurate records and carry out verbal instructions.
• Must have the ability to write complete and concise reports.
• Must maintain emotional stability and physical condition necessary to perform related duties.
• Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Must have a high level of professional appearance and demeanor, wear a standard issued departmental uniform.