We are a bank that strives to be the premier financial partner to our customers in our market segment, and to assist our customers in reaching their financial goals and dreams. We have Integrity in everything we do. We have strategic, effective leadership that inspires everyone around us. We hire exceptional employees who are the most important asset to drive our success. We provide extraordinary service to our customers, both internally and externally.
We are celebrating our 55th anniversary in April of this year, as the first Chinese-American bank in Southern California to now a full-service bank covering nine states and having overseas presence in Asia.
We are CATHAY BANK - www.cathaybank.com
Assist the Financial Planning/Analysis Department with the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and perform various analyses as directed.
1. Perform monthly interest rate shock analysis, quarterly interest yield curve analyses and back tests.
2. Gather Asset Liability Model assumptions and documentation, and make recommendations to department management for consideration.
3. Provide administrative support in preparation for the annual DFAST capital stress testing.
4. Provide administrative support in the preparation of the Capital and Strategic Plans.
5. Assist various department managers in reviewing and understanding their monthly budget results.
6. Perform financial analysis upon identification of variances.
7. Prepare annual budget and profit plan documentation, at the direction of management
8. Supervise the preparation and review of semi-annual contingency liquidity plan, to ensure accuracy and data integrity.
9. Perform various ad-hoc reports as directed.
10. Collect and maintain databases.
11. Develop and maintain current Desk Top Procedures Manual.
12. Assist in supervising junior financial analysts on daily required tasks and assist in technical cross-train of financial functions in the Finance Group.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
• Experience: At least 3-5 years of work experience in banking, finance and accounting background is required.
• Skills/Ability: Working knowledge in accounting, finance and financial statement analysis. Good understanding of Asset Liability Management and interest rate risk management. Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong analytical skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Excel with macro functions, Access, PowerPoint). Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Hand-on working knowledge of ALM models and sequel reports are highly preferred.