At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Brooks is a global leader in automation robotics, cryogenics, and biological sample storage / lifecycle management services. Our technologies, engineering competencies and global service capabilities provide customers speed to market and ensure high uptime and rapid response. Brooks has been a leading partner to the global semiconductor manufacturing market since 1978, and, through product development initiatives and strategic business acquisitions, has now expanded offerings to meet the needs of customers in the life sciences industry. Brooks is a public company with 1,800 employees, headquartered in Chelmsford, MA, with global operations in the United States, Mexico, Europe and Asia. Please go to the Brooks Automation careers website for additional information: https://careers.brooks.com /
This position oversees Facilities operations for our corporate headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and has corporate responsibility for aspects of facilities and real estate management in support of our global operations. Provides strategic facilities management support and ensures compliance with local, state, and governmental regulatory obligations. Provides direct leadership to a team comprised of EH&S Manager, Facilities Planning Engineer, two Reception/Office Staff members and Facilities Operations Manager, in support of electrical, HVAC, plumbing, utilities, clean rooms, wastewater treatment, and other facilities services. Oversees moves/relocations, space planning, CAD drawings, headquarters Reception, Security, EH&S, mail and cafeteria services.
Chelmsford Site Operations Responsibilities include:
- Oversees Facilities Operations function to include all capital requests involving facilities related work (i.e. construction & maintenance plans, CAD drawings, scope of work documentation); Responsible for all facilities related spending and contract procurement for services such as electricity & natural gas supply, janitorial, landscaping, snow plowing, cafeteria.
- Oversees EH&S and Security functions, to include operations support, regulatory compliance, corporate policy and metrics.
Global Responsibilities include:
- Maintains Corporate Facilities Policies, Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Facilities documents (ensuing compliance with local legislation and ISO certification requirements).
- Central point for global facilities investments and strategy. Provides process and policy guidance across all locations.
- Facilities planning & cost assessment: Provides occupancy planning and analysis, costs for space allocations, and feasibility studies for site analysis to include layout, pricing, and timelines. Provides analysis for facilities fit up and closure.
- Accountable for Facilities spend and review of capital requests involving facilities related work (i.e. construction, CAD drawings, Statement of Work documentation).
- Oversees execution of construction, facilities closures, acquisition fit up and yield up renovations; Maintains relationship with Facilities Management Companies.
- Lease Management to include: Lease initiation, terms & negotiations; Act as liaison to realtors for international leases; Oversees various projects such as EPA PH1 assessments; Maintain and report on corporate lease records for global facilities (sub-leases, estoppels, mortgages, appendixes and addendums).
- Drives consistency of information for reporting across global organization: Maintains record of processes such as site on-boarding, cost monitoring, business continuity, lease renewal and exit. Prepares quarterly facilities updates to leadership to include manual data collection, measurement & currency conversion, & summary.
- Participant in Safety Committee, Business Continuity initiatives, and Emergency Weather Planning initiatives.
- Maintains certificates of insurance for facilities vendors.
This position will regularly interact with Corporate & Business Unit Executives and other functional leads within the Company; and direct the work of others on behalf of Brooks (i.e. service providers, contractors). Some travel as necessary.
- Managerial experience in roles to include Facilities Operations, Real Estate, & Construction.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical & plumbing (MEP) services
- Bachelor’s or advance degree or equivalent experience
Qualified candidates will also demonstrate:
- Credibility, integrity
- Strong attention to detail; conscientious about timeliness and quality of work product
- Partnering and communication across-functions and within a matrix work structure
- Accountability for individual and team performance
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same