Sandvik is looking for a
Senior Purchaser for Indirect Purchasing, US & Canada
This role is located in Fair Lawn, NJ but other locations within the US will be considered.
Are you a team player with experience in category driven Indirect Purchasing, Supply, Production, Sales and/or Finance? If so, Sandvik has an engaging career opportunity for you!
Sandvik is a global industrial group with advanced products and world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Key performance areas
As the Senior Purchaser, you will develop country sourcing plans and/or align to existing Indirect category strategies. You will lead and participate in sourcing projects including supplier selection and creation of contracts. Further to that, you will establish and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders and suppliers.
Additionally, the Senior Purchaser will:
– Ensure compliance/comply with internal and external policies, guidelines, regulations and laws.
– Create category strategies or align to Indirect category strategies when such strategies exist.
– Implement and follow-up country sourcing plans.
– Identify, prepare, propose and select sourcing projects and activities.
– Lead and manage sourcing projects.
– Select suppliers in managed sourcing projects and support the onboarding of suppliers.
– Follow-up and monitor sourcing projects.
– Create contracts related to own managed sourcing projects and activities and implement contracts within area of responsibility.
– Support contract compliance and use of contracts.
– Supplier management including contract maintenance.
– Collaborate within Indirect purchasing to ensure sharing and implementation of best practices and execution of continuous improvements.
– Establish relationships with key stakeholders to ensure understanding of business needs.
– Work according to common processes, systems and tools, and established delegations and authority matrices.
Travel could be required approx. 25% depending on the complexity of the projects.
The Senior Purchaser will be able to work effectively within a matrix organization and will hold 3- 5 years’ commercial experience.
Candidates should also possess:
– Category Management experience
– English fluency and excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Outstanding negotiation skills
– University Degree in a relevant field preferred (Marketing, Supply Chain, Law, Finance, Business, Engineering etc.)
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan, bonus plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Senior Purchaser position, JO #354533
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.