Service Technician - Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa
Date: Dec 7, 2017
Location: Lincoln, NE, US, 68501
Company: NCH Corporation
Established, Entrepreneurial, Empowered…Explore the Opportunities!
Chem-Aqua – Service Technician
Chem-Aqua is the wholly owned water treatment subsidiary of NCH Corporation, a privately owned specialty chemicals, maintenance supplies, and services company with over $1 billion in annual sales. We are seeking top-tier talent to support our growth strategy. We offer an unparalleled training program, uncapped income potential, and a culture that recognizes results, yet embraces the importance of work/life balance. Join the Chem-Aqua team, where your initiative and contributions will be noticed and make a difference.
The Service Technician is a field-based, hands-on, account service position that will provide tower cleaning, coil cleaning, chemical cleaning and some pre-treatment (area specific). This is a remote position.
- Perform diagnostics on water treatment equipment: reverse osmosis Systems, water softeners, and other water treatment/conditioning systems.
- Determine condition of system fluids, identify malfunctions and take corrective actions
- Provide routine preventative maintenance services; inspection, cleaning, and calibration of system components as necessary to assigned accounts
- Assist in identifying additional service needs and opportunities while developing and implementing customized solutions for our customers
- Perform assigned lab testing and sampling as required
- Communicate, record, and maintain relevant information regarding treatment operations
- Schedule service and sales calls, including daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Accurately report service calls
- Maintain customer chemical inventory which may include lifting 5 gallon pails that weigh approximately 55-75 lbs
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to build relationships
- 3-5 years of work experience in a field using mechanical principles
- Experience in the water treatment or related industry a plus
- Ability to work flexible schedule, some weekends required
- Very organized with exceptional follow-through abilities
- Ability to multi-task in an active working environment
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Able to pass a drug and background check per the company requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledgeable in MS Office applications
- This position requires occasionally performing activities including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and/or lifting.
- Work is conducted both indoors and out with varying environmental conditions
- Must be able perform physical work in a HVAC, cooling towers, or boiler equipment environment requiring exposure to chemicals, noise, hot & cold temperatures and inclement weather
- MUST be in good physical ability – the job requires frequent walking to and from worksite.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record (DMV record will be checked)
- Ability to work flexible schedule, some weekends required depending on the servicing of accounts
- Required work activities include but are not limited to, climbing and descending stairs and ladders (from 10-30’ in height), sometimes while carrying drums of chemicals weighing up to 75 pounds while maintaining a 3-point ladder contact (per OSHA rules). As of the date of this job description, the available ladders have a weight limit of 375 pounds
- Be able to wear protective gear for the face, ears, and gloves
- 35% travel required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Lincoln
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Technician, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Maintenance, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing