About the Job
Reporting:Plant Manager Location:Houston
Control, monitor and execute shipping procedures to guarantee an accurate and timely transaction that satisfy customer’s requirements, customer deadlines and meet company polices requirement.
Develop and monitor procedures for packing and marking that guarantee a constant flow of orders to maximize use of resources in order to meet customer's priorities.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Coordinate shipping orders based upon sales priorities, assign sales order to shipping personnel
- Define shipping, packing and marking responsibilities within the department
- Control and monitor packing is performed according to company standard.
- Supervise orders are shipped to customers based upon its requirements and deadlines
- Verify that orders shipment are done to the right customer and location
- Arrange and Schedule picked up with freight companies and company truck delivers.
- Verify and control that orders are shipped on the MRP system, Bill of Landing is filled correctly, shipping paperwork is filled according to procedures
- Prepare and follow up daily schedule for Marking and Stamping area.
- Supervise and monitor personnel performance on shipping and marking area.
- Examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.Issue written and oral instructions.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
- Ensure correct shipment of international orders and hazardous material orders.
- Share the cultural concepts of situational leadership and facilitate the application of the transition to situational leadership.
- Assist employees with work process problems.
- Maintain Shipping areas on well organized conditions
- Perform all other duties as required by supervisor.
Associate’s degree (AS) or Bachelor’s degree (BA) preferred; or three or more years shipping experience and/or training in the field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient on MS Word, Excel is required
ERP /MRP 2 yrs experience preferred
Shipping or receiving 2 yrs experience required
Supervision 2 yr required
Freight knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written instruction. Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of management.
- Problem solving, organization skills & strong multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate with inside & outside contacts
- Must comply with all of Company’s Safety rules.
- Must wear safety glasses and safety shoes at all times.
- Must wear hearing protection, when in areas in which it is required.
- Employee is required to work in safe and environmentally appropriate manner as stated in the general safety rules . Employee also has a duty to report workplace conditions or practices that pose a safety hazard or threaten the environment and to take reasonable actions to alleviate such risks.
- Must report any accidents/incidents to supervisor immediately
Must be able to see jobs being performed, read reports and see computer.
Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
Must be able to stand or walk while working on the production floor.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing (50 lb max) X
Must be able to type, use phone and write.
Work is primarily performed in shop environment. Must be able to tolerate weather conditions as necessary. Must also be able to withstand very loud noise levels. May be exposed to dirty conditions.
This job description does not encompass all job duties, but highlights areas of responsibility. Job descriptions will change over time, and other duties and responsibilities will be added as necessary.