About the Job
Software Development Manager – Device Management (PM004)
SpiderCloud Wireless is seeking a hands-on software development manager who will help lead the Device Management team at SpiderCloud. The Device Management team is responsible for the entire management plane of our product family and delivers world class, carrier-grade solutions to our customers. Your responsibilities will include managing a team of software developers (local and remote) as well as contributing technically to aspects of the product family. This is a hands-on role that provides the candidate with an opportunity to showcase both technical design and management skills. This position reports to Director of SW group.
Responsibilities will include
- Manage a software engineering organization of 2-8 employees across multiple locations, including hiring and mentoring the staff.
- Work with other engineering groups (hardware, software, and QA), program managers, and product managers to deliver high quality solutions.
- Accountable for developing comprehensive plans that lead to meeting deadlines and achieving release quality objectives.
- Champion and advocate engineering best-practices and processes.
- Contribute to the product technically by actively participating in the design process, the implementation effort, and/or the testing effort.
Requirements for this position include
- 7+ years experience software development with focus on application layer and/or with network management applications (SNMP, CLI, Web, EMS, NMS).
- 2+ years experience managing software development group.
- Responsible/accountable for delivering products from cradle to grave. Major contributions at the architecture level, design, test, release, and sustaining are expected.
- Experience with device management protocols such as REST, SNMP, TR-069, etc.
- Experience with C, C++, or Java language programming.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc).
- Solid working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understands the dynamics of getting work done in a small company environment, and has achieved successful results. Met or exceeded senior management expectations.
- Proactive problem solver with attention to detail and methodical approach to software engineering.
- Must be driven, extremely result oriented, and capable of delivering quality products on time.