Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Specialist
- Works independently in identifying and resolving moderately complex/complex sourcing opportunities and issues. Writes deal summaries and deal details for moderately complex agreements.
- Applies issue recognition and understands how issue recognition fits into the negotiation process.
- Applies problem-solving skills and uses creativity in problem solving. Develops, reviews and prepares agreements clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Networks with peers inside and outside the Client's System and identifies key stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES -
1. Write the deal summary and detail for moderately complex/complex agreements, including performance criteria and service levels that match business requirements and address risk management, legal terms and conditions.
2. Develop, review, and prepare agreements clearly, concisely, and effectively and lead/facilitate as assigned.
3. Facilitate and coordinate work activities of others within the work group.
4. Make decisions based on market condition analysis to define appropriate timing for sourcing events.
5. Understand each parties interests in a negotiation and offer solutions to requested changes that meet those interests.
6. Develop and apply strategies and approaches to negotiations.
7. Apply issue recognition and understand how issue recognition fits into the negotiation process; apply escalation of issues in the negotiation process.
8. Work independently in identifying and resolving moderately complex/complex sourcing opportunities and issues.
9. Define and apply best/worst case scenarios.
10. Apply various price models, cost containment models, pricing caps and indices, and total cost-of-ownership model.
11. Apply skills for comparing moderately complex/complex specifications, pricing models, and compare differing specification and pricing models.
1) Ensure all work activities are performed in accordance with the policies, practices, standards, and rules of the company and those regulations and procedures required externally.
2) Seek to broaden knowledge in areas of the company and industry which will complement acquired strategic sourcing expertise.
Education: Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Purchasing, or related field of study.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years related experience in work activities and projects requiring the application of strategic sourcing principles.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)