Our client, a leading U.S. energy service provider, is seeking a full time Compliance Specialist to work in the San Diego area. Our client will help you relocate if you are a strong fit but are not in the San Diego or nearby area!
The Compliance Specialist must have a bachelor’s degree in networking, information technology or engineering with at least a 7 years of relevant work experience.
Promotes the reliability of the Bulk Power System through rigorous compliance with applicable NERC standards monitoring and enforcement activities and functions as a team member for internal and external audit preparation. Ensures relevant, valid, reliable, stacking, and sufficient evidence is available to demonstrate compliance.
70% of the time will be spent in the office, and the remaining 30% of the time will be spent traveling to project sites to conduct training, attend relevant meetings, and work to maintain the culture of compliance throughout the company.
- Ensuring effective regulatory compliance to the North American Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards by providing guidance to support and enhance operational business unit’s risk management, Cyber, Information, Physical and Personnel Security programs.
- Maintaining and revise as needed CLIENT compliance program infrastructure including the administration and maintenance of compliance policies, programs, and procedures related to the NERC CIP Standards.
- Preparing for, coordinate and support compliance audits conducted by internal resources, consultants or regulatory organizations.
- Working with responsible CLIENT organizations to coordinate resolving compliance issues, and develop improvement recommendations and mitigation plans.
- Document and submit potential violations to regulatory organizations and ensure they are tracked for timely resolution and fully documented in auditable records.
- Utilizing CLIENT compliance technology to assign, track and monitor compliance efforts.
- Coordinating FE compliance self-certification and data submittal activities.
- Keeping responsible CLIENT organizations informed regarding NERC Standards Development activities associated with NERC’s Critical Infrastructure Protection Standards. Solicit input from appropriate CLIENT subject matter experts and effectively communicating CLIENT’s position on proposed regulatory standards to NERC.
- Ensuring timely adherence from responsible CLIENT business units to all new/revised NERC and NERC RTO regulatory obligations associated with Critical Infrastructure Protection Standards.
- Maintaining awareness of emerging utility industry issues through benchmarking and participation in appropriate utility forums/groups.
- Recommending and/or implement appropriate programs/initiatives, leading project teams as necessary, in order to timely implement effective integration of compliance programs or initiatives.
- Experience developing and implementing new or significantly revised programs.